Question PC boots straight to BIOS after component reinstall ?

bdpakaknox

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I recently uninstalled then re-installed my CPU, GPU and RAM in order to replace some thermal compound and do some dusting. I then started getting BSOD with the error KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE and a VID.sys failure. I then uninstalled the GPU and RAM again and made sure everything was seated and plugged in correctly. Now the PC boots up straight into the BIOS instead of into Windows.

Looking in the BIOS I don't see any boot devices listed. I didn't touch the SSDs, and I'm confused as to how uninstalling my RAM or GPU would effect the boot devices ?
It's running Windows 10. Motherboard is an Asus Apex IX, and it has two SSDs in raid0. They are connected via the dim.2 card.

kanewolf

Titan
I recently uninstalled then re-installed my CPU, GPU and RAM in order to replace some thermal compound and do some dusting. I then started getting BSOD with the error KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE and a VID.sys failure. I then uninstalled the GPU and RAM again and made sure everything was seated and plugged in correctly. Now the PC boots up straight into the BIOS instead of into Windows.

Looking in the BIOS I don't see any boot devices listed. I didn't touch the SSDs, and I'm confused as to how uninstalling my RAM or GPU would effect the boot devices ?
It's running Windows 10. Motherboard is an Asus Apex IX, and it has two SSDs in raid0. They are connected via the dim.2 card.
Since the RAM slots are adjacent to the DIMM2 card, I would start by reseating all the parts in that area of the motherboard.