Pc boots then turns off cycle, help!

Oct 23, 2018
For a while my pc has looped on a cycle of booting up then turning off, eventually booting up normally this is after simply pressing the power button and leaving it alone, I have left it alone for the simple reason it eventually boots ands works fine however t is now doing it for even longer cycles. I have also just this morning booted up hearthstone, the Witcher 3 which have always worked fine as they are however now both and anything I play stutter and lag incredibly bad. I have disconnected everything, cleaned booted without ram in, graphics card out all does the same loop boots on all fans start 2 seconds boots off. The only thing I have not touched is the cpu could it be because it’s booting checking the cpu and it is over temperature (I’m no expert). I have also taken out left 30 seconds and put back in the cmos battery.

My specs are:
I7 processsor
Msi gtx 970
Corsair cx600
8gb 2 separate Corsair vengeance ram at 4gb
Gigabyte ga z97x-sli
Zalman 11 case

sounds like your motherboard board is trying to adjust either on cpu or ram.

1. what cpu (model) is on that motherboard

2. you stated 2x3GB ram ? I would ask for make and model of the ram.
because your motherboard accoreding to the manufacturer listed at this web page only support 2,4, 8, 16, 32GB not 6GB.
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-z97x-sli.pdf

Oct 23, 2018
The paladin sorry I have two Corsair vengeance ram both 4gb and the processor is an an i7 intel the exact one I will have to find out for you once it’s up and running it’s ok again but it’s still doing the cycle