Question PC boots to BIOS when second display connected.

AcePotato

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2014
Hello all,

Basically I have been having this issue when I turn my PC on, it boots to a screen that says I need to recover BIOS settings.
I can go into settings then exit the BIOS and the PC works fine.

I decided to try and fix this issue today and see what was causing it, I performed a fresh install of Windows 10 then went through everything in and attached to my PC and noticed that this issue only happens when my second monitor is connected.

If I have only one display connected it works absolutely fine, no issues.

My main primary screen is connected via HDMI on the graphics cars to HDMI on the monitor but the secondary is connected via a DVI to HDMI cable, this is the only thing I can think is causing an issue but weird considering it worked before?!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

AcePotato

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2014
Is your 2nd monitor connected to the graphics card as well via the DVI to HDMI cable? What about if you boot into Safe Mode? May likely be a video driver issue where the GPU is fighting to figure out which display should be primary or not.

Yeah my 2nd monitor is using DVI to HDMI into the graphics card. I'll try safe mode later and see, I re-installed my graphics drivers when I did the fresh install and it still did the same thing afterwards. :(