[SOLVED] pc boots to recovery then i press f9 to boot another OS

Mgwhitt

Prominent
Aug 18, 2019
just cloned my ssd to a m.2 that i want to make my main drive. the m.2 boots only after i get a blue screen and then press f9( for another OS) didn't realize i had 2 OS...
edit.. removed ssd pc boots from m.2 but only with process above

Last edited:
Solution
A normal sata ssd is on a different controller than m.2 is, that;s why windows sees the cloned drive as a different/other OS.
Boot with a windows installation media, same version you have installed, and run the automatic recovery several times and it should make the m.2 bootable straight away.

You can also edit the bcdstore from within windows since you can boot into it, easybcd is a good frontend for the cmd commands.
Doing a lot of reading before trying this is strongly recommended.
A normal sata ssd is on a different controller than m.2 is, that;s why windows sees the cloned drive as a different/other OS.
Boot with a windows installation media, same version you have installed, and run the automatic recovery several times and it should make the m.2 bootable straight away.

You can also edit the bcdstore from within windows since you can boot into it, easybcd is a good frontend for the cmd commands.
Doing a lot of reading before trying this is strongly recommended.

Solution