Question PC boots up for a few seconds then turns off, then back on again over and over

frozenstorm941

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018
Hello everyone, a few days ago my PC froze, wasn't able to move mouse, bring up task manager, anything. I held down the power button until it turned off, and I haven't been able to turn it on since. When I try, the PC comes on, fans and everything etc, but no display ever comes on. After a few sec, the PC shuts itself off then tries again over and over until I hold down the power button. I checked online and people have suggested reseating the RAM. I tried that but it hasn't helped. What else could it be?

This is the PC: https://vrlatech.com/product/vrla-tech-titan-gaming-pc/

Diddly

Distinguished
It might be worthwhile getting a very cheap PC speaker for debugging POST beeps - if you get any at all. there should be a couple of pins on the motherboard you can connect a speaker to apparently.

1. Check all the connections to the motherboard cables are seated properly (ATX, CPU power, fans etc).

2. GPU is seated + power cables.

3. Check the PSU? have there been any weird electrical burning smells recently? if you have a spare or try buying a cheap 2nd one of similar power and try that.

But maybe try these first:

For the next few tests try disconnecting/removing one thing at a time and check if you can get into the BIOS at all.

4. Disconnect the HDD

5. Try removing one of the RAM sticks. e.g. left hand one, remember which slot it came from. then see if it boots. you might get prompted about a hardware change, just ok it and let it continue. If that's ok. you know it's a RAM issue with that stick. if it still doesn't boot, put that stick back in and remove the 2nd stick - again remembering which slot it came from. and see if it boots. If still no luck put sticks back in and try getting into the BIOS and checking that the disks and RAM get recognised ok.

Last edited: