Question PC broke after power outage / GPU and other parts broke ?

Apr 8, 2022
Hello everyone.

Yesterday i had a power outage at my place and after that my PC wouldnt give any more signal. I also noticed that my GPU Fans werent spinning up on boot as usual. So i tried putting my old 1050 in but had the same issue... no signal. I wonder if anyone has a clue which parts might also have been affected since the CPU and chassisfans are still turning. So my uneducated guess would be that my PSU is maybe still fine ? Would be greatful for any tips on how to figure that out. ( I sadly dont have any more spare parts to try changing cpu/mb/psu)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Sorry to hear of your mishap. We're going to need a little more information from your end. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

In order for you to come to the conclusion that the parts in your system are yet healthy, you might want to take out each component in your build, breadboard them and using a donor, reliably built PSU that has more than enough power for your entire build, and see if your system powers up. I'd leave your existing PSU off the table since that is what might've been the culprit, when the power came back(or so how I've perceived it from your thread's content above).

It could also be a corrupt BIOS for your motherboard but that the fact is that you will need to tear down the system, first. Then use components on a donor system to see if they are healthy/alive.

Apr 8, 2022
Mainboard : MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
CPU : Ryzen 5 3600 Stock
RAM : 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Ripjaw Black 3200 Mhz
SSD : 1TB Samsung 860 Evo 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s 3D-NAND TLC
500GB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 3D-NAND QLC (CT500P1SSD8) (bootdrive)
PSU : 600 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 11 Non-Modular 80+ Gold
GPU: KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 Super
Chassis : be quiet! pure base 500DX Midi

I sadly dont have access to any spare CPU/MB parts so trying to change them might be difficult.

For the GPU part, im very sure its broken. Since tried it in another PC and it still wont do anything. My spare 1050 would also not post on my broken PC either, but in the other one.

Last edited: