PC Build - €800 max.

Bozza

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
Hey guys!

Since a couple of weeks I am looking for a new PC. I've already done some research of my own and with the help of others so it's now a matter of getting the details right.

Here is a summary of what I need:

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Saturday 13th of June 2009 (tomorrow)
BUDGET RANGE: EUR 800,-

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Mostly used for gaming. But... I will only play Football Manager on it. This game uses tons of cpu and memory but not so much graphics.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: 4launch.nl. Unfortunately, this website is Dutch but since they are going to assemble my PC I need to order all parts from that website.

PARTS PREFERENCES: CoolerMaster CM690 case, ATi graphics card, Scythe Mugen 2 cpu-cooler.

OVERCLOCKING: No
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe (but more towards the no)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Be aware that it won't be used for any hardcore gaming. The focuss is on the cpu and the memory.

This is what I've got so far:

buildv3.png

Total price: €794.50

What do you guys think of this build? Any adjustments to be made?

I hope to be hearing from you soon. Thank you kindly in advance.

Take care,

Bozza
The Netherlands

Bozza

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008

Cheers for the reaction Hunter! I will leave the Mugen 2 on and yes, the 4870's are getting cheap hehe!

One more question for you guys. We are going to order the PC in 2 hours so I hope you are could give a quick respond.

At this moment, I selected the following memory:

OCZ 2x2GB DDR3 SDRAM PC10666 CL6.0 Reap. HPC - €77,50
http://www.4launch.nl/shop/#p-4-productid-055848

I found out that my motherboard can handle fast memory and I came across this one:
OCZ 2x2GB DDR3 SDRAM PC12800 CL7.0 Platinum €79,50
http://www.4launch.nl/shop/#p-4-productid-060448

Which one would you take? The price is exactly the same so it's just a matter of which one is the best. The PC10666 CL6.0 or the PC12800 CL7.0!?

Thank you so much for any reaction given!

Bozza

The PC12800 is 1600MHz ram which is only useful if you are planning to overclock but given how close in price they are to each other i would go for the PC12800 just incase you decide to tinker with overclocking later it will make it much easier for you.