Question PC Build for gaming+streaming under £1000?

Feb 1, 2022
Hello,

I have a Nvidia 3070TI but i would like to build a beast gaming pc for under a £1000 that i can later on upgrade to make it better. I also have a nvidia m4000 so i could maybe add that into the build if it helps. The sole purpose for the pc will be for gaming+streaming and maybe daily use.

Not too shabby and great with best pc specs. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks

Edit: I also dont need a keyboard and mouse or monitor as i have those. I also use GoXLR so maybe would soundcard play affect in this?

Thanks,

Hello,

I have a Nvidia 3070TI but i would like to build a beast gaming pc for under a £1000 that i can later on upgrade to make it better. I also have a nvidia m4000 so i could maybe add that into the build if it helps. The sole purpose for the pc will be for gaming+streaming and maybe daily use.

Not too shabby and great with best pc specs. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks

Edit: I also dont need a keyboard and mouse or monitor as i have those. I also use GoXLR so maybe would soundcard play affect in this?

Thanks,
PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor | £250.44 @ Technextday
CPU Cooler | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | £98.99 @ AWD-IT
Motherboard | MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard | £169.98 @ Amazon UK
Memory | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory | £134.99 @ Amazon UK
Storage | Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | £97.49 @ Amazon UK
Storage | Seagate SkyHawk 2 TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive | £59.47 @ Ebuyer
Case | Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case | £99.98 @ AWD-IT
Power Supply | Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | £99.98 @ Scan.co.uk
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | £1011.32
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-25 02:22 BST+0100 |

A few things to note, it is said on DDR4 Z690 MBs, it is best to have at least 4000 speed RAM to make full use of an Intel 12,000 series CPU (more likely 4800 speed, since 4000s are getting hard to find). Note as well that the DDR4 memory standard for Z690s starts at 4800 speed, so anything below that is not going to make full use of it's potential.

Also, there have been many reports of WHEA errors causing BSOD on a wide range of Z690 MB when the GPU is running at Pci Ex gen 4. Last I read reverting to Pci Ex gen 3 was the only workaround, and it remains to be seen if a BIOS update will fix this problem. Other than that, a decent air cooler like the Scythe Fuma 2 will do quite well on a 12,600, especially since it doesn't run as hot as a 12,700 or 12,900. It really depends if you plan to OC.

You wont need faster ram for now since ddr5 price is not even affordable by much, even putting a 2133 mhz on alder lake wont make too much difference. DDR4 over 4000mhz are easy to find. Bandwith isnt everything if the timings is that loose, that would add up latency, which is not something you would want.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIN8lLhSqmg
I suspect you were the one whom downvoted my post, since it came 4 min before your post. You didn't bother to quote exactly what it was you thought was inaccurate, so I will do the service of DETAILING what is inaccurate in yours.

You claim RAM as low as 2133 speed won't make much difference. I may have been wrong on the ease of finding 4000 speed, but it's not as if nearly TWICE the RAM speed doesn't speed things up, nor is double the speed offset NEARLY as much by slower timings as you imply, since there are only 2-3 CPU cycles added, which is a very small percentage vs TWICE the speed.

Whether 4000 speed RAM remains easy to find or not though, it's clear to see the DDR4 memory standards on Z690 MBs start at and are listed as 4800 and up, so if one is diligent about getting the most out of Alder Lake, it makes sense to go 4800. You need to stop thinking and telling people higher speed RAM is pointless due to timing latencies, it's utterly absurd, especially since you're quick to downvote posts that detail the truth on the subject.

You just have to face facts, like it or not, an upgrade to Alder Lake is going to be expensive right now, unless one happens to have high speed DDR4, which many don't in their current rigs, because the prior Intel CPUs ran fine on 3200. Also, I wasn't really wrong about the availability of 4000 speed, so much as not specific. The truth is, DDR4 4000 actually IS hard to find in some brands, even very popular ones, like Corsair.

Most consider Alder Lake an enthusiast gaming upgrade, and people that build such rigs are particular about what brands of components they use, and generally don't skimp on speed of components. They want to get the max potential out of the project, not what just barely gets them by.

Last edited:
I suspect you were the one whom downvoted my post, since it came 4 min before your post. You didn't bother to quote exactly what it was you thought was inaccurate, so I will do the service of DETAILING what is inaccurate in yours.

You claim RAM as low as 2133 speed won't make much difference. I may have been wrong on the ease of finding 4000 speed, but it's not as if nearly TWICE the RAM speed doesn't speed things up, nor is double the speed offset NEARLY as much by slower timings as you imply, since there are only 2-3 CPU cycles added, which is a very small percentage vs more vs TWICE the speed.

Whether 4000 speed RAM remains easy to find or not though, it's clear to see the DDR4 memory standards on Z690 MBs start at and are listed as 4800 and up, so if one is diligent about getting the most out of Alder Lake, it makes sense to go 4800. You need to stop thinking and telling people higher speed RAM is pointless due to timing latencies, it's utterly absurd, especially since you're quick to downvote posts that detail the truth on the subject.

You just have to face facts, like it or not, an upgrade to Alder Lake is going to be expensive right now, unless one happens to have high speed DDR4, which many don't in their current rigs, because the prior Intel CPUs ran fine on 3200. Also, I wasn't really wrong about the availability of 4000 speed, so much as not specific. The truth is, DDR4 4000 actually IS hard to find in some brands, even very popular ones, like Corsair.

Most consider Alder Lake an enthusiast gaming upgrade, and people that build such rigs are particular about what brands of components they use, and generally don't skimp on speed of components. They want to get the max potential out of the project, not what just barely gets them by.
It is indeed the facts in the field out there, what im pointing here, is just that faster ram does not always mean for performance per bucks for now. I never said faster ram are pointless, but as per for now, with his budget, it's not that much of worth using it. DDR4 4000mhz is not that really hard to find depends on where you live. It is broadly available, 4133, 4266, 4400, etc., cause if it's hard to find i wont buy one.

Im using 4133 C18 with tight subtimings (manually tuned) and i dont see alot of difference on daily use compared to my xmp, except for the raw speed and latency. on daily use op probably wont notice it that much.

It's funny when you say "truth" when the facts are already out there, you could watch GN videos abt it, Jayztwocents, linus, everyone you would know is a great techtuber didnt recommend to go DDR5 if you're on a budget. You could prolly help OP to make a better pc part one than the one i did :D

It's only a subjective matter between what's available today vs the best most out of it. DDR5 current price are not budget friendly, minding you that this is still a shift in between the ddr evolution, so price will chill down while he could shift to a ddr5 platform IF he feel the need to. DDR4 for alderlake starts on 3200mhz, while DDR5 starts on 4800, i dont know where do you see DDR4 starts on 4800mhz.

He would said he would upgrade it, so as long as he does have more bucks for it, dont hestitate for DDR5. Speed of ram are not always everything when it comes to budget efficiency.

It is indeed the facts in the field out there, what im pointing here, is just that faster ram does not always mean for performance per bucks for now. I never said faster ram are pointless, but as per for now, with his budget, it's not that much of worth using it. DDR4 4000mhz is not that really hard to find depends on where you live. It is broadly available, 4133, 4266, 4400, etc., cause if it's hard to find i wont buy one.

Im using 4133 C18 with tight subtimings (manually tuned) and i dont see alot of difference on daily use compared to my xmp, except for the raw speed and latency. on daily use op probably wont notice it that much.

It's funny when you say "truth" when the facts are already out there, you could watch GN videos abt it, Jayztwocents, linus, everyone you would know is a great techtuber didnt recommend to go DDR5 if you're on a budget. You could prolly help OP to make a better pc part one than the one i did :D

It's only a subjective matter between what's available today vs the best most out of it. DDR5 current price are not budget friendly, minding you that this is still a shift in between the ddr evolution, so price will chill down while he could shift to a ddr5 platform IF he feel the need to. DDR4 for alderlake starts on 3200mhz, while DDR5 starts on 4800, i dont know where do you see DDR4 starts on 4800mhz.

He would said he would upgrade it, so as long as he does have more bucks for it, dont hestitate for DDR5. Speed of ram are not always everything when it comes to budget efficiency.
When you can't even find Corsair 4000 RAM on a site like Newegg, I'd say it's not exactly ideal availability. And Jaytwocents is known for making a lot of videos based on speculation, which turn out to be nonfactual and misleading. Linus isn't exactly always spot on either. It's strange how you can example such people as "great techtubers" while saying "the facts are out there". That's not exactly bolstering your points of view. And then there's the strangeness of you starting out implying 2133 RAM wouldn't be much of a difference, only to now say you use 4133. So yeah, I can see why you like Jay and Linus. Had you at least mentioned Steve at Gamers Nexus, you would have sounded more capable of determining what a great techtuber is.

Last edited: