Build Advice PC build for running AAA games and video editing ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
All 3 A750 models come with 3 years warranty. I would say Acer as they have the largest service network in the region. I have no idea about Gunnir.

the Commander MS-II has a 320mm GPU length limitation. You should be fine.
Thank you so much for all the advices. I will not able to make it without help. Again Thank you... I will buy this pc after 1 week because the shops are closed for EID vacation in Bangladesh. I will buy it as soon as shop opens...

So the final build is...

Processor: Intel i5 13400

Motherboard DDR5: Asus PRIME B760M-K mATX Motherboard

Ram 2 sticks of Corsair 16GB of DDR5 RAM

Graphics Card : Acer Predator BiFrost Intel Arc A750 OC 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

since i already have SSD (Transcend 256GB with DRAM cashes) i do not need an Nvme r8?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky_SLS
for video editing, storage can often be the biggest bottleneck.

It might be better to supplement your storage with a 1tb drive. Both for your OS, games and video editing tasks. You can use your current 256gb disk as write disk in your editing work.

https://www.startech.com.bd/hp-ex900-1tb-ssd

What storage configuration works best in Premiere Pro?​

We recommend at least a three drive configuration, with the drive types and sizes depending on your budget and desired performance level:

1. OS & Applications (SSD or NVMe) – Includes your operating system and the base Premiere Pro installation. An SSD is highly recommended as it will greatly improve how fast the OS and programs startup, but you can also upgrade to a faster NVMe drive for a small performance benefit.
  2. Project Files (SSD, NVMe or NAS) – Keeping the project files and assets on their own drive is mostly about organization, but it does also make things easier if you ever need to either restore or reinstall your operating system. Since all the important files are on their own drive, they should be safe even if your OS becomes corrupt. In many cases, you can use either an SSD or NVMe drive for your project files, with the difference coming down to your budget and whether you need it in order to handle the bitrate of your source media for your workflow. A high-speed network storage drive is also an option, especially if you need to share access with other users in an organization.
  3. Media Cache & Scratch (NVMe) – The drive that we most highly recommend defaulting to an NVMe drive is for the cache/scratch files, but even then a standard SATA SSD can certainly get the job done if using an NVMe would put you over budget. Having a dedicated drive for your media cache and scratch files can improve performance when playing and scrubbing through compositions. It also isolates high-stress cache and scratch files away from other data, so that if they cause the drive to fail prematurely all you lose is temporary data that your applications can easily regenerate as needed.
  4. Optional Storage Drives (SSD or HDD) – In addition to the three drives above, some people also opt to add a number of other drives to their system. It may be multiple drives for their project files and assets, or a traditional HDD to act as an intermediate backup/archival layer before copying the data to an external drive or to an offsite backup.

Reactions: SUDEEP SARKER goku

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014

It might be better to supplement your storage with a 1tb drive. Both for your OS, games and video editing tasks. You can use your current 256gb disk as write disk in your editing work.

We recommend at least a three drive configuration, with the drive types and sizes depending on your budget and desired performance level:

1. OS & Applications (SSD or NVMe) – Includes your operating system and the base Premiere Pro installation. An SSD is highly recommended as it will greatly improve how fast the OS and programs startup, but you can also upgrade to a faster NVMe drive for a small performance benefit.
  2. Project Files (SSD, NVMe or NAS) – Keeping the project files and assets on their own drive is mostly about organization, but it does also make things easier if you ever need to either restore or reinstall your operating system. Since all the important files are on their own drive, they should be safe even if your OS becomes corrupt. In many cases, you can use either an SSD or NVMe drive for your project files, with the difference coming down to your budget and whether you need it in order to handle the bitrate of your source media for your workflow. A high-speed network storage drive is also an option, especially if you need to share access with other users in an organization.
  3. Media Cache & Scratch (NVMe) – The drive that we most highly recommend defaulting to an NVMe drive is for the cache/scratch files, but even then a standard SATA SSD can certainly get the job done if using an NVMe would put you over budget. Having a dedicated drive for your media cache and scratch files can improve performance when playing and scrubbing through compositions. It also isolates high-stress cache and scratch files away from other data, so that if they cause the drive to fail prematurely all you lose is temporary data that your applications can easily regenerate as needed.
  4. Optional Storage Drives (SSD or HDD) – In addition to the three drives above, some people also opt to add a number of other drives to their system. It may be multiple drives for their project files and assets, or a traditional HDD to act as an intermediate backup/archival layer before copying the data to an external drive or to an offsite backup.
thank you <3

Reactions: Lucky_SLS
I’m sincerely thankful for your guidance. Despite my efforts, I was unable to find this information on my own. Your expertise has led me to choose the ARC A750 over the RTX 3060, which is a more economical option without compromising on performance.

So the final build is...

Processor: Intel i5 13400

Motherboard DDR5: Asus PRIME B760M-K mATX Motherboard

Ram 2 sticks of Corsair 16GB of DDR5 RAM

Graphics Card : Acer Predator BiFrost Intel Arc A750 OC 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

how about i buy this one:

Intel Arc A750 Limited Edition 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

or

Gunnir Intel Arc A750 Photon 8G OC Black 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

which would be better? Accer one or limited edition one or Gunnir? Even though I do not know GUNNIR will fit inside my Thermaltake Commander MS-2 Mid-Tower(Sorry the casing is not available so you have to change the language to English to see the spec) Casing.

Please give me advice.
What's the brand and model of your current PSU?

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014

Can you please tell me is there any ddr5 Motherboard where type c is also installed?