Question Pc Build issues

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
New ASRock B560M pro4, 16 Gb Crucial Ram, Evga 650 Psu, I5 10400 CPu.
Existing Wd 1tb HDD.
Currently awaiting display port to Vga adapter.

The ram was wet when received. According to shipper drying it was all that was needed. I dried the ram can't tell if the ram is the issue.

Have checked all cable connection & ram connection( ram bus 2 &4 for 2 sticks reseated) but can't get past cpu fan running & case fan running. without encountering Beeping. Also neither reset or powerswitch respond.

Will appreciate suggestions to fix this mess.

Last edited:

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Why was the RAM wet?
Why risk new components on such a condition?

You mention no adapter for display...so how are you sure it's not working?

Have you interpreted the beep codes via your motherboard manufacturers website/search?

I would start with the beep code and work back. Having a display connected could be quite helpful, if you don't.

If the RAM was powered up when it got wet it readily could have been damaged. If it was damaged and you put it in the above listed equipment more damage may have occurred to various components.
It is always a good idea to consider the risk of using parts with a known issue vs the cost of the parts you could fry chancing it. I don't say to "rub your nose" in what might have been the mistake, but as a facet to consider in regard to using possibly damaged components.

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Why was the RAM wet?
Why risk new components on such a condition?

You mention no adapter for display...so how are you sure it's not working?

Have you interpreted the beep codes via your motherboard manufacturers website/search?

I would start with the beep code and work back. Having a display connected could be quite helpful, if you don't.

If the RAM was powered up when it got wet it readily could have been damaged. If it was damaged and you put it in the above listed equipment more damage may have occurred to various components.
It is always a good idea to consider the risk of using parts with a known issue vs the cost of the parts you could fry chancing it. I don't say to "rub your nose" in what might have been the mistake, but as a facet to consider in regard to using possibly damaged components.
Ram was dried about 24 hrs under a fan before powerup. I found the memory was not fully seated as I thought. After reseating memory, have three rapid beeps and a red led showing on Mobo. Will see if asrock has any info.

Thank you for the information.