[SOLVED] PC build no signal, no power help!!!

Sep 7, 2019
Motherboard: B450M DS3H
Graphics card : zotac 1060ti
Psu: Corsair cx750m
Case: nzxt h500i
Ram: 2x 8gb gskill aegis 8gb
Ssd
HDD
Cpu: ryzen 5 2600
All cable connected.
Went through troubleshoot checklist to no avail.

No signal to HDMI
No power to usb.
Powers up correctly. GPU spinning, fans spinning.
Cpu fan spinning, chip seated correctly.

Used a different HDMI, still no signal.

Any ideas ?
Only thing is that I get a vgi cable and try to use this ?

Solution
Presumably by checklist I assume you mean this: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

If so, then you may want o resort to breadboarding the system.
Just run with:
  • CPU and Cooler
  • Motherboard
  • 1 stick of RAM
  • PSU

And all of this OUTSIDE of the case as to eliminate the possibility of any shorts. If no luck, swap the RAM module and try it in a different slot. If still nothing, you know you're pretty much on hardware diagnosis.

Are you running straight from an outlet or through a UPS for example?
Is this all a brand new build with new components?
Presumably the CPU cooler is hooked up correctly?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Presumably by checklist I assume you mean this: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

If so, then you may want o resort to breadboarding the system.
Just run with:
  • CPU and Cooler
  • Motherboard
  • 1 stick of RAM
  • PSU

And all of this OUTSIDE of the case as to eliminate the possibility of any shorts. If no luck, swap the RAM module and try it in a different slot. If still nothing, you know you're pretty much on hardware diagnosis.

Are you running straight from an outlet or through a UPS for example?
Is this all a brand new build with new components?
Presumably the CPU cooler is hooked up correctly?

Reactions: Grahaamh
Solution

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
And silly question but you have also tried a different monitor?
Obviously in your case when you breadboard, you would need a GPU too, presumably you did it with the GPU?
If breadboarding doesn't work and you've tested everything else, then you'd need components to swap around to test, I'd be swapping GPU first obviously.

Sep 7, 2019
A motherboard speaker - Yes for what they are worth, it can help identify what the issue might be. And even if it doesn't shed light now, it's a useful and cheap tool to have.
Will do, my first ever PC build. It's giving me alot of problem but enjoying learning. Hopefully it's just something minor.

Seaweed Monster

Honorable
Jun 7, 2014
Just out of curiosity. I have had a look at the motherboard you're using and it seems to come with an HDMI port as a part of its I/O. Have you tried plugging the HDMI cable from your motherboard to the monitor, rather than the GPU to your monitor?

May be the GPU. Worth a try?

DSzymborski

Titan
Just out of curiosity. I have had a look at the motherboard you're using and it seems to come with an HDMI port as a part of its I/O. Have you tried plugging the HDMI cable from your motherboard to the monitor, rather than the GPU to your monitor?

May be the GPU. Worth a try?

It won't do anything; any display ports on Ryzen motherboards will only output a video signal if there's an APU installed.

Sep 7, 2019
It won't do anything; any display ports on Ryzen motherboards will only output a video signal if there's an APU installed.
I've tried a bit. Going to give it another shot later today. To a breadboard with just a stick of ram, cpu and GPU. If it doesn't work should I just ask for replacement mobo ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I've tried a bit. Going to give it another shot later today. To a breadboard with just a stick of ram, cpu and GPU. If it doesn't work should I just ask for replacement mobo ?
Breadboard it again with a speaker, the beep code might indicate where the problem is. If the beep code indicates GPU for example, then RMA the GPU. So on.

Problem is there is no effective way of identifying the faulty component without simply swapping with a known good component and retesting, the speaker may just be able to help indicate the issue. If the issue is purely no signal, I would sooner be looking at GPU.

Sep 7, 2019
Breadboard it again with a speaker, the beep code might indicate where the problem is. If the beep code indicates GPU for example, then RMA the GPU. So on.

Problem is there is no effective way of identifying the faulty component without simply swapping with a known good component and retesting, the speaker may just be able to help indicate the issue. If the issue is purely no signal, I would sooner be looking at GPU.
Great I'll try that. One question when i start computer everything running fine just no signal. But the one thing I noticed is no power to usb whatsoever is this normal because bios hasn't started up or what do you think ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Great I'll try that. One question when i start computer everything running fine just no signal. But the one thing I noticed is no power to usb whatsoever is this normal because bios hasn't started up or what do you think ?
It can be normal, sometimes the system may prioritise certain USB ports in BIOS. Power should at least transmit, but keyboards and mouse won't always initialise until after post. It can depend on the port and the peripheral device.

I would just run it with the speaker first and lets see what it tells us - Hopefully it should give us a beep code that could indicate the first thing to swap :)

Sep 7, 2019
It can be normal, sometimes the system may prioritise certain USB ports in BIOS. Power should at least transmit, but keyboards and mouse won't always initialise until after post. It can depend on the port and the peripheral device.

I would just run it with the speaker first and lets see what it tells us - Hopefully it should give us a beep code that could indicate the first thing to swap :)
Got onto tech support today, they said it could be a ram compatability issue. Even though i thought ddr4 Rams are all useable for my motherboard apparently not. Either that or faultu Mobo hopefully its just the ram.