Question Pc can't boot after updating the bios

Mar 31, 2019
Pc spec:
Ryzen 5 2400G
Asrock B450M PRO4
16GB DDR4 (dual channel)
120GB SSD Kingston
APU Vega 11

I updated my mobo yesterday,it reboot but my pc start beeping,cpu fan spinning and no signal to monitor.I restart the pc and same <Mod Edit> happen again.I know today is April fool's but I'm not joking at all since I use this pc for gaming.

Any solutions?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an expression, to "Follow to a T" is to follow instructions exactly. Using software to update BIOS is always dangerous, should be done thru BIOS and it's utility without involving operating system. Now you will have to take it to somebody that has instrument to flash proper BIOS or to RMA the motherboard.

Mar 31, 2019
It's an expression, to "Follow to a T" is to follow instructions exactly. Using software to update BIOS is always dangerous, should be done thru BIOS and it's utility without involving operating system. Now you will have to take it to somebody that has instrument to flash proper BIOS or to RMA the motherboard.
So,my mobo is dead right? But every time I restart the pc, the mobo beeping 2 short 4 short 3 short 2 short 4 short 3 short and no beeping at all after it but cpu fan keep running as long as I don't shut the pc off.

My lesson:never updated bios from operating system😭

So,my mobo is dead right? ...😭

Try doing a CMOS reset....

turn system off and disconnect power cord. Then remove the CMOS battery and short the reset pins for 30 seconds or so. You'll find battery location and location of CMOS reset pins in the manual. It may also help to just let the system sit for a while, like 1/2 hour or so, before putting battery back in, reconnecting power cord and starting up.

The reason this might work is in case there are settings left over from the old BIOS that don't work correctly with the new BIOS. The old settings may have left it unable to boot and resetting CMOS puts all settings to safe defaults for the new BIOS.

And lastly: what version of BIOS did you update to?

Mar 31, 2019
Try doing a CMOS reset....

turn system off and disconnect power cord. Then remove the CMOS battery and short the reset pins for 30 seconds or so. You'll find battery location and location of CMOS reset pins in the manual. It may also help to just let the system sit for a while, like 1/2 hour or so, before putting battery back in, reconnecting power cord and starting up.

The reason this might work is in case there are settings left over from the old BIOS that don't work correctly with the new BIOS. The old settings may have left it unable to boot and resetting CMOS puts all settings to safe defaults for the new BIOS.

And lastly: what version of BIOS did you update to?
From 2.0 to 3.1

Did you update the AMD All-In-One before updating to this BIOS?

There is this notice on the Asrock B450M Pro4 Bios page:

"
"
You can find the 'Display Recovery SOP' here:
http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/TSD/Display recovery SOP.pdf

You might try that to see if it helps. If not, maybe contact Asrock tech support.

Good luck.

Did you update the AMD All-In-One before updating to this BIOS?

There is this notice on the Asrock B450M Pro4 Bios page:

"
"
You can find the 'Display Recovery SOP' here:
http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/TSD/Display recovery SOP.pdf

You might try that to see if it helps. If not, maybe contact Asrock tech support.

Good luck.
That can't help as he can't get it to boot to windows at all.