pc can't read HDD

Stergios_tsu

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
when I tried to open the PC this screen showed up.

this isnt the first time I heve this problem, but all the other times I just had to unplug and plug the SATA and powercable of the hdd and then the PC would operate fine. I tried to do it again but it didnt work.

so can you help me find out what is the cause of the problem and how to solve it? is it the hdd or the cables or any other component of the PC?

thanks in advance!

Hey there, Stergios!

I'm sorry to hear about your booting issues with the HDD! If changing the boot order and the reset that @Russel and @rar suggested didn't help, I'd recommend you to try plugging the hard drive in a different SATA port on the motherboard and even try changing the SATA cable itself as this one might be faulty. If you have another computer, you could check if the drive is properly recognized there.
Another thing worth taking a look at is your motherboard manufacturer's website. You might have some outdated SATA chipset drivers or firmware.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted!
SuperSoph_WD

Stergios_tsu

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
@Russel @ SuperSoph @rar

Sorry for late reply and thank you all for your help.

I tried to change SATA ports and SATA cable, tried to to connect to another pc both as internal and external drive but nothing worked. So I decided to return it back where I bought it and they replaced it with a new one. I havent tried the new one yet but I hope it will work fine :)