PC closes games, but doesn't freeze.

Jackyl2190

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
So I have installed a new CPU, the old one when playing games would just freeze my PC and I would have to do a hard restart. I have installed the new CPU, everything is fine , idle temp is around 30c, Anyways when I am playing WoW or another online MMORPG they close. WoW will give me an "error 132" , and "Starwars old republic" it just closes, and both just prop me back to Windows. Now when I crank up the video settings to Optimal on either game it crashes a lot faster then when I put it on the minimum settings. My question is do you think it is the GPU? it runs around 70c when one of the games are running full grapics, and around 25c when idle. Just seems strange that with the last CPU the PC would freeze completly in this situation and the new one installed it just closes the games. Could there be a Mobo issue?? I have all updated drivers, I am really stumped on this one...

Solution

Manish Tewari

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

You are saying that you have all updated drivers - sorry , but i doubt that.

I think you need to make a clean uninstall of your GPU driver and then make a fresh install of the same.

It should solve your problem, if not then revert.

Solution

Jackyl2190

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016

You were 100% correct, I just need to uninstall my updated drivers and reinstall them. That was the fix I needed, thank you very much

Manish Tewari

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

Happy to help :)