[SOLVED] Pc component tips/recommendation

Oct 16, 2020
Its time i finally upgrade my 10 year old pc... But that being said i have a pretty tight budget to work with
Here's what I'm planning to buy:
i5 3570 (yes ik its old)
MSi H61 motherboard
2x 8gb ddr3
gtx 1060 3gb gddr5
240gb ssd
1tb hdd

i have a very limited knowledge on pc building so i thought id get some tips/recommendation on better parts to buy

Solution
Did you even read the guide I linked you to? I don't think you did, because IF you had, you would have read this:

EVGA

They have BOTH good and not very good models and most of their products that can be recommended are those based on various Super Flower platforms Do NOT simply choose a power supply because it carries the EVGA name, because while they certainly have some excellent models, they have some absolute turds as well and I mean models well known for failure practically every time they are put into a gaming or other system with moderately demanding requirements.

Not very good are the W1, N1, B1, B3 (Most models failed Aris Mpitziopoulos stringent testing), BQ, BR, BT and G1 NEX models.

EVGA seems to...
Your post is confusing and unclear because you indicate "Here's what I'm planning to buy" and then list ten year old hardware.

Please list, separately, what you have already that you THINK can be reused and what you PLAN to replace or upgrade for certain.

Please also include your maximum budget and any preferences you might have, about whatever you might have preferences regarding.

SO, the parts you listed above are the ones you are planning to buy? The i5-3570 etc? Used parts?

Your PSU is made by Jual. It's 150% low end garbage. You do not want to use that unit with ANY hardware you value. That should be your first priority is replacing that potential dumpster fire with something reliable.

Click the link below for recommendations on quality units.

Oct 16, 2020
SO, the parts you listed above are the ones you are planning to buy? The i5-3570 etc? Used parts?

Your PSU is made by Jual. It's 150% low end garbage. You do not want to use that unit with ANY hardware you value. That should be your first priority is replacing that potential dumpster fire with something reliable.

Click the link below for recommendations on quality units.

alright, then would an evga 400 n1 be suffice?

Did you even read the guide I linked you to? I don't think you did, because IF you had, you would have read this:

EVGA

They have BOTH good and not very good models and most of their products that can be recommended are those based on various Super Flower platforms Do NOT simply choose a power supply because it carries the EVGA name, because while they certainly have some excellent models, they have some absolute turds as well and I mean models well known for failure practically every time they are put into a gaming or other system with moderately demanding requirements.

Not very good are the W1, N1, B1, B3 (Most models failed Aris Mpitziopoulos stringent testing), BQ, BR, BT and G1 NEX models.

EVGA seems to like releasing a new model every other week so there are possibly other unlisted models that you'd do well to avoid beyond these. When in doubt, if you can't find a review on an EVGA unit, it's probably because it is either too new, or it's quality is seriously lacking.

Good models are the B2, GQ, G2, G2L, G3, P2 and T2 models. Seems that the EVGA G5 series might be best avoided. The OEM is FSP on the one reliable review so far which was for the 1000w model, and while likely not strictly FSP's fault, the unit did not look like a worthy successor to the G2 or even the G3, which itself was not as good as the G2 but still better than most units out there. There are other, better choices than the G5 at this price point including their own G2 models, which, are getting hard to find. I think even the GQ units would be a better choice.

I know you are in a market where it's a little more difficult, and little more expensive, to get quality hardware, but it IS available if you really look into finding it.

Solution