PC Components Checklist Questions

leolionhunt

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014
Basically, i am kind of a newbie in making my own pc custom build. i used pcpartpicker.com to select the components. Here is the list:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Thermal Compound : Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste
Motherboard:Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory:Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage:Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card:MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
Case:Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)
Sound Card:Asus Xonar DG 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card
Wired Network Adapter:TP-Link TG-3468 10/100/1000 Mbps PCI-Express x1 Network Adapter
Wireless Network Adapter:TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

So basically I want to know if I have all the components needed for building a pc. Like will I need extra wires or some other paste i am not aware of. Are the screws available with the components and all? And also i read about these anti-static mats/bracelets....Do i need these too?

RababNoor

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015
All the necessary wires & cables are available within your components box.
Your Custom build is good for both Gaming & Video Editing.
You can maxed out every games at 1080p & get a 60+fps.

But change that PSU [Corsair CX 600W]. That is just CRAP. Avoid that PSU at all cost.
Get either SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W or
EVGA SuperNova GS 650 Gold 650W

Anti static stuff are for beginners or those who are cautious when building or have carpet, but touching your case every now in then keeps you grounded so you will be fine.

I wouldnt get a CX psu, they arent bad but not good either see here for PSU tiers
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

I would also suggest a SSD since a build of that caliber is just crazy without one, i suggest atleast a 240 GB one and will allow your PC to boot faster.

Make sure your RAM is cas 9 since it will be fast, im sure those are tho.

Everything else seems to be fine, but why do you have two internet cards? You only need one if you are going wireless and your motherboard will have a ethernet port for wired.

Are you going to overclock?? A K series CPU is unlocked so you can overclock.

Everything else seems to be great :).

leolionhunt

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014

Thanks for the info mate. i replaced it with the supernova 650W. BTW do I need to buy case fans?

leolionhunt

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014

thanks for all that info. I replaced the psu and hdd to ssd. :) BTW do I need to buy case fans?

can you link us to your new part lists? No your case will have pre-installed fans, though getting more helps in the airflow, but the standard fans should do the job just fine.

RababNoor

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015

Just get 2 more fans for Better Airflow. 1 for front [intake] & 1 for top[exhaust]