Question PC constantly rebooting, tabs closing, and "Out of Video Memory" error?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ringmany

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014
Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can check? This is still happening with all my tabs and discord freezing around 6+ times a day. Games freezing. Sometimes crashing, Memory errors are so inconsistent:

"Out of video memory trying to allocate a texture/rendering resource"
"AW, Snap! Google Chrome ran out of memory while trying to display this webpage"
"Not enough memory to open this page"
"Windows ran out of memory"

As you can imagine I don't really want to spend £400 on a new GPU or pay for RAM unless I'm certain that's the cause, but every single test I've done for each hardware component isn't detecting any issues and I haven't made any changes to software or settings.

ringmany

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014
I contacted my RAM provider Corsair as they have a lifetime warranty. They sent me 2 brand new sticks of RAM, 16GB but sadly I'm still getting my chrome tabs randomly crashing with out of memory errors. Or just crashing with no errors at all.

So at this stage I'm really not sure what else to check. I'm hoping it isn't the GPU because I don't wanna spend £500 on a replacement, or to spend that and found out the issue is still there

Cheers for the suggestion. I ran it for around 1 hour. The first part passed with:

Standard 5-minute test PASSed!

It then continued to run for an hour. No issues at all. But at the very end it got the error:

Runtime error: ERROR_DEVICE_LOST while getting () in context wait_for_fences
Seems child excited for no reason, code 69
memtest_vulkan: First test passed, but THEN runtime error occured

I'm not sure what this error means. Can't see any error for it on the github page. The PC is still running fine though, no memory errors or tabs crashing despite that error.
The "Device Lost" error would lead me to a GPU failing issue.

ringmany

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014
I'm looking at the idea of getting a new graphics card, possibly a 4070. At the very least I could just return it back to Amazon if the issues still continue afterwards. Although it would have been nice to confirm that it is deffo the card. But I'm not sure what else to check here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts