PC crash after each fresh install - changed several components, same issue occurs!

Aug 22, 2017
OK, so I've been having on-going issues with my computer. It started off with the OS kinda stuttering to a halt, then not being able to load up again (repeatedly trying to boot up to no avail), until the OS just didn't register any more.

I re-installed windows 10 on a freshly formatted SSD, same thing happened after a few hours, stuttered to a halt and OS didn't register on restart.

Purchased a new SSD, tried the same, same thing happened.

Thought it might be something to do with the PSU, so I upgraded that to a evga 750 g3, same thing happened.

My graphics card is newish (gtx 1070 MSI installed last September), so I don't think that's gone.

The weird thing now is, the windows 10 install won't recognise the SSD's which have gone through the process of install/stuttering to a halt - it's very confusing.

I'm wondering what the next step is here, is it changing the CPU? Or is it the mobo that's messed up? I'm real confused, these things kinda just started happening out of the blue.

Below are my original specs, the only things that have been upgraded are the SSD, PSU and GPU (described above)

Case COOLERMASTER ELITE 311 BLUE CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4460 (3.2GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® Z97-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X FURY DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti - DVI, mHDMI, VGA - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
1st Hard Disk 2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
2nd Hard Disk NONE
1st M.2 SSD Drive NONE
RAID NONE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler
Fan Controller NONE
Extra Case Fans NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Router/HomePlugs NONE
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Any help would be awesome!

Cheers.

Aug 22, 2017

Hi there, I took out one RAM stick, but it now gives me 1 long beep + 2 short beeps and doesn't get to bios, tried putting the other RAM stick back in, and it still gives the beeps (the beeps are new).

I'm not sure, I just plugged a USB stick in and booted from that to install - how do you change to AHCI if the way i did it was UEFI?

Cheers

EDIT: ignore what i said about beeping, just didnt put ram in properly