Question PC crashed while gaming with recently installed RTX 3080. Not POSTing after reboot and fans stuck at full speed. PSU the culprit?

Oct 14, 2020
Now I've had this PC for more than 2 years now running a GTX 1080 with no problems. After installing the 3080 for the first time 2 weeks ago the PC kept turning off the moment a high load is placed on the GPU. I undervolted the 3080 to 0.800v @ 1710MHz and until today it ran fine with no problems. But what I noticed while using the 3080 is my PSU was running hotter than before compared to when I had the 1080 in it. I can't place my hand on it for more than 5-10 secs. Another thing I did today before it crashed was installed nvidia Broadcast and used the noise suppression (RTX Voice) option. It was fine for a few hours with it though. The PSU I have is a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W SSR-750FX. I reached out to Seasonic support and it seems my unit is a first generation one with a known issue with GPUs with a high transient load. They recommend I RMA the unit so they can replace it with a newer one since succeeding generations have apparently have the issue fixed. The GPU I have is a Zotac Trinity RTX 3080. I feel that the issue is with the PSU because once I put back the 1080 it is still not able to post and fans just run at full speed. I've ordered a new 850w for now and will test it out once I get it. Anyone have any ideas on what went wrong?

Oct 18, 2020
Now I've had this PC for more than 2 years now running a GTX 1080 with no problems. After installing the 3080 for the first time 2 weeks ago the PC kept turning off the moment a high load is placed on the GPU. I undervolted the 3080 to 0.800v @ 1710MHz and until today it ran fine with no problems. But what I noticed while using the 3080 is my PSU was running hotter than before compared to when I had the 1080 in it. I can't place my hand on it for more than 5-10 secs. Another thing I did today before it crashed was installed nvidia Broadcast and used the noise suppression (RTX Voice) option. It was fine for a few hours with it though. The PSU I have is a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W SSR-750FX. I reached out to Seasonic support and it seems my unit is a first generation one with a known issue with GPUs with a high transient load. They recommend I RMA the unit so they can replace it with a newer one since succeeding generations have apparently have the issue fixed. The GPU I have is a Zotac Trinity RTX 3080. I feel that the issue is with the PSU because once I put back the 1080 it is still not able to post and fans just run at full speed. I've ordered a new 850w for now and will test it out once I get it. Anyone have any ideas on what went wrong?
did you get the new psu, and if so did it work?