Question Pc crashes after installing graphics driver. but without graphics drivers it works fine

Jul 25, 2022
So recently having this issue with my pc. After having power outage in my area for several times I turned on my pc and it wasn't booting properly. it was crashing so I had a fresh windows install. Then all was working good after the install but when i tried to install my graphics driver my pc crashed and it was showing black screen then restared my pc but no change. I again reinstalled my windows and it worked fine again untill i installed my graphics driver. I checked up my ssd, hdd, reinstalled my mobo bios, and then after a servicing person's suggestion I changed my mobo but it still happening.

my pc specs:
processor: core i5 6400
mobo: msi b150m night elf
ram: Corsair vengeance 8gb
psu: Corsair 450w psu
gpu: zotac gtx 950oc

I would be greatful if someone gives me a solution. Thanks in advance.

Jul 25, 2022
Where are you getting the GPU driver?

Download directly from the manufacturer's website, Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party tools or installers.

Also: how old is that 450 Watt PSU? History of heavy gaming use? Video editing or even bit-mining use?

I installed it from direct nvidia gpu driver manufacturing website. Tried to reinstall it few times.

my psu is only 1 and half years old and I am not a heavy gamer. I play games like csgo or apex but it's not heavy gaming. most of the time I do work on sublime text editor.

Ralston18

Titan
Okay - there are still some things that can be looked into and/or done.

Start with Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the failures.

However, that requires at least some successful boots and then crashes etc. while the system is working.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the timeline format can prove very revealing with respect to actual errors and/or error patterns.

Event Viewer does much the same but is not as user friendly. Much more difficult to navigate and understand. But there is harm in looking about and no need to rush while doing so. You are looking for some log(s) that could be very full of errors.

Also:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Check case connections as well.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting, kinked or pinched wires, browning or blackening anywhere, loose or missing screws.

Reactions: weirdo121
Jul 25, 2022
Okay - there are still some things that can be looked into and/or done.

Start with Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the failures.

However, that requires at least some successful boots and then crashes etc. while the system is working.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the timeline format can prove very revealing with respect to actual errors and/or error patterns.

Event Viewer does much the same but is not as user friendly. Much more difficult to navigate and understand. But there is harm in looking about and no need to rush while doing so. You are looking for some log(s) that could be very full of errors.

Also:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Check case connections as well.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting, kinked or pinched wires, browning or blackening anywhere, loose or missing screws.

Ok I will try that and I will let you know about it. Also I cleaned every part carefully with the help of an expert but no issues find as you mentioned. I will again try to clean the psu and I will give an update. Thanks for the help🖤

Mr. Smith

BANNED
Dec 25, 2021
So recently having this issue with my pc. After having power outage in my area for several times I turned on my pc and it wasn't booting properly. it was crashing so I had a fresh windows install. Then all was working good after the install but when i tried to install my graphics driver my pc crashed and it was showing black screen then restared my pc but no change. I again reinstalled my windows and it worked fine again untill i installed my graphics driver. I checked up my ssd, hdd, reinstalled my mobo bios, and then after a servicing person's suggestion I changed my mobo but it still happening.

my pc specs:
processor: core i5 6400
mobo: msi b150m night elf
ram: Corsair vengeance 8gb
psu: Corsair 450w psu
gpu: zotac gtx 950oc

I would be greatful if someone gives me a solution. Thanks in advance.
Try checking the Power Supply Unit.