Oct 24, 2021
I just got a brand new motherboard, CPU, and ram to try and get some better performance in games, but to my surprise you can't use an old hdd for a new motherboard (i didn't know this). after installing the parts the problem was i couldn't load past the login screen it would say welcome and then a little after it would crash restart and repeat. so i decided the only thing to do was reset windows so i formatted the drive and got windows 10 on a usb and got windows 10 back on the hdd.

The problem is i am having the same problem as before i reinstalled windows my pc will launch load onto the desktop and then crash/restart.
i checked event viewer and it says its a kernel 41 problem.
I have looked into this but i can't do most of the fixes because it keeps crashing on me, i also don't think its my PSU because its only like 1 year old and has worked perfectly in the past few months before the upgrade.

if anyone has any ideas or needs more details feel free to ask .

my specs are

CPU: Ryzen 3 3300x (NEW)
GPU: Radeon RX 580 (old)
Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-All (NEW)
PSU: edit Thermaltake RGB 750w 80 plus (old got it when i got the GPU)
RAM: PowerX DDR4 2x 8gb 3200ghz
HDD: 1tb WD blue

Last edited:
Solution
I figured it out. it was a failing cpu one way i checked this was in the event viewer in safe mode said there was a problem with one of the cores and it was causing my pc to restart loop itself.
Oct 24, 2021
I figured it out. it was a failing cpu one way i checked this was in the event viewer in safe mode said there was a problem with one of the cores and it was causing my pc to restart loop itself.

Solution