[SOLVED] PC Crashes after Memory RAM upgrade

Apr 29, 2020
So I've been having a hard time with this issue.
First of all, my specs before upgrading:

Ryzen 7 2700x
AsRock B450M Steel Legend
HyperX Predator 16gb 2x8 3200mhz (HX432C16PB3AK2/16)
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070ti
m.2 Crucial MX500 500gb
Corsair CX650 650W Bronze
HDD Seagate 2TB
CoolMaster Masterliquid ML240R RGB

With this, I was planning on getting 32gb (2x16), and in the future I can go up to 64gb with all 4 slots filled.
I also planned on getting another harddrive, since I use my PC for work and gaming, I thought using one for work and the other one to save all my games.
Another thing to mention is that I did a full new install of Windows 10 for an issue I was having, by now that issue is gone.

With this in mind, by recommendation in the store I bought:

HyperX Fury 32gb (2x16) 3200mhz HX432C16FB3/16
SATA3 WD 4TB 64MB BLUE

We installed everything after installing the new windows 10, we thought it was going to be ok, since everything is compatible, but it didn't, pc sometimes won't boot, make sounds or anything, we did some BIOS updates, and my pc kept crashing giving blue screens.

At first we thought it was a windows installation issue, we installed windows 2 times in the span of 3 days, since I had to go to the store 2 days.
We did some tests with the DIMMs and one of tne DIMM wasn't working, they gave me a new one everything was working just fine, by the time I came back home, I got a blue screen, I decided to switch to my old HyperX Predator 16gb 2x8, and haven't had any issues.

I called and told them that everything is working just fine with my kit, and they did some tests with their DIMMs using the same rig, and everything was working just fine.
They gave a new kit and I still got a blue screen, so by that point I decided to just fill all RAM slots with the same DIMMs I've been using for a year, to get to 32gb with the HyperX Predator 16gb.
Everything was working just fine for a day and a half, until I got another blue screen.

At this point, I really don't know what to do, there has been 4 new DIMMS tested on my pc and I don't think that' the issue.
I thought it could be the power supply, but with the one I have, there shouldn't be any problem.

Now I'm thinking that it might be either the Motherboard or CPU, I believe is the motherboard. I even had the thought of just buying a new Motherboard... even a new CPU
Just in case, I will list all the codes the blue screen was giving:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
0xc0000225
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I also did all the changes needed and supported by my CPU and motherboard just to be save for any errors and crashing issues (which it didn't, still got blue screen , according to AMD and AsRock website:

Ryzen 7 2700x

System Memory Specification
Up to 2933MHz

Ryzen Series CPUs (Pinnacle Ridge):
SR SR SR SR 2933 (I've been using this one)
SR/DR SR/DR SR/DR SR/DR 2667

Right now at this moment, I'm only using 16gb of my old RAM kit, I want to know if there is someone that went throught the same issue and what can I do, or what can be the problem.

Solution
Thanks for the suggestion, I checked my hdd and sdd health status.

First off the HDD D and E are doing fine, good temperature from 38°C to 40°C and in good condition.

Now C drive was another story, C drive is an SDD, there was an error 6e74667363686b2e 12aa tried looking for it, but didn't get a result.
Windows repaired the problem.

The thing is C drive have hihg temperature, running at 60°C, now I read that this is not normal, could be this the problem on why I'm getting the blue screen?
How can I fix that? Cleaning the dust would solve the problem?
Cleaning the dust won't solve the problem
another option to fix bsod :
  • scan your HDD and SDD with AV ( windows defender or third party app )
  • deleted or fix...
hi, if u have enabled XMP, try to disable it, see if pc works without overclocked RAM sticks
as far as 4 sticks goes on ryzen 2xxx, think u need some more voltage for overclock there

start with basic dram voltage 1.35v, soc voltage 1.025v, cldo vddp 0.8v
at 2133MHz without XMP

use memtest to see if 4 sticks at low clock is stable

if u get 0 errors, u can enable XMP, but dial down clock to 2133MHz
memtest again, if no errors, increase ram clock a bit, then memtest it and repeat until u get errors

stick with working clock (if any)

iq7

Dec 18, 2020
the error code " pfn list corrupt" it may cause by faulty hardware , mobo , ram , cpu etc .
the 0xc000025 meaning windows cant find required System files for booting or Boot Configuration Data .
it can be fix by memory diagnostic , update windows , etc
so if you have to reinstall your windows and the problem still there , it means theres something wrong with your hardware.

Apr 29, 2020
hi, if u have enabled XMP, try to disable it, see if pc works without overclocked RAM sticks
as far as 4 sticks goes on ryzen 2xxx, think u need some more voltage for overclock there

start with basic dram voltage 1.35v, soc voltage 1.025v, cldo vddp 0.8v
at 2133MHz without XMP

use memtest to see if 4 sticks at low clock is stable

if u get 0 errors, u can enable XMP, but dial down clock to 2133MHz
memtest again, if no errors, increase ram clock a bit, then memtest it and repeat until u get errors

stick with working clock (if any)

But even if I try it, which I will, isn't suppose to just work fine with the built I did? I mean, there shouldn't any problems according to what they said in their specifications

I don't know too much about voltage and stuff or how to change it, you mean to change the basic, which is 1.35v to 1.025v to start and then 0.8v? I'm not too sure what cldo vddp 0.8v means

Apr 29, 2020
the error code " pfn list corrupt" it may cause by faulty hardware , mobo , ram , cpu etc .
the 0xc000025 meaning windows cant find required System files for booting or Boot Configuration Data .
it can be fix by memory diagnostic , update windows , etc
so if you have to reinstall your windows and the problem still there , it means theres something wrong with your hardware.

Yeah we did reinstall windows like 3 times and I still get blue screen, so at this point I think is a hardware issue, I don't think is the ram, because we tested like 6 DIMMs and I would get a blue screen, but if I use my DIMMs at 16gb it would work without any problems.

So I think it's either the motherboard or CPU, unless there is something else that could cause this type of issue

iq7

Dec 18, 2020
Yeah we did reinstall windows like 3 times and I still get blue screen, so at this point I think is a hardware issue, I don't think is the ram, because we tested like 6 DIMMs and I would get a blue screen, but if I use my DIMMs at 16gb it would work without any problems.

So I think it's either the motherboard or CPU, unless there is something else that could cause this type of issue
first, u can use an adapter to connect your HDD/SSD to a laptop or another pc, then check your hard disk health / bad sector,

Apr 29, 2020
yes , u can do it on your pc too ,

First off the HDD D and E are doing fine, good temperature from 38°C to 40°C and in good condition.

Now C drive was another story, C drive is an SDD, there was an error 6e74667363686b2e 12aa tried looking for it, but didn't get a result.

The thing is C drive have hihg temperature, running at 60°C, now I read that this is not normal, could be this the problem on why I'm getting the blue screen?

iq7

Dec 18, 2020

Cleaning the dust won't solve the problem
another option to fix bsod :
  • scan your HDD and SDD with AV ( windows defender or third party app )
  • deleted or fix Windows 10 registry file that are missing or corrupt
  • optimizing or defragment your driver ( SDD and HHD )
  • update your bios ( you said you've do it )
  • delete windows old on your pc
  • u can try clean install Windows 10 on a new SSD .
but i think the problem is your motherboard and the new ram .
if you updated your bios , run memtest with your new ram to see if the memory timings are ok. because each BIOS has different ways to setting up the memory timing .

Solution
Apr 29, 2020
Figures.

1. I did scan the HDDs and SDD, Windows detected an issue on the SDD, I guess is resolve by now.
  2. I don't know how to do that, but I'll look it up
  3. I already did, did not resolve the problem.
  4. Yes, I did update the BIOS.
  5. I don't if re installing windows 10 3 times, counts here,
  6. I can try that, but that would mean I would need a new SDD.
I'm thinking the same, that could be the motherboard, I ruled out the new ram, since I tested 5 new rams and everytime I try to go further 16gb, I get blue screen.