Question PC crashes after overclocking RAM with XMP ? (SOLVED)

ismmostaar1

Honorable
May 28, 2018
- B450M-HDV R4.0
- R5 3600 (stock)
- 8GB x2 XPG Gammix D35 DDR4

The Sticker on the sticks says 3200mhz but the task manager shows only 2667mhz, I understand that the 3200 is reachable by overclocking, since i'm a newbie i followed some YouTube videos and turned the settings to 3200mhz with XMP Profile but after trying to install a game the PC crashes, then tried with 3000mhz and the same thing happened, once it even refused to start-up until I had cleared CMOS.

The voltage will automatically change to 1.35v when overclocking, though the game was installed just fine when i went back to 2667mhz and 1.2v, now i deleted it just so i can test again if i come up with a solution.

So is this type of RAM just non-overclockable or maybe my MOBO doesn't support RAM overcooking?
if there's a way around it I would so much appreciate the help.

Last edited:

ismmostaar1

Honorable
May 28, 2018
UPDATE:
So basically the way I solved this problem is by not increasing the voltage, i know it's weird but i did a lot of tweaking in the voltage from 1.3v to 1.4v the less the number of voltage the more stable the performance gets, i read somewhere that micron chips don't like changing the voltage that much, so i tried enabling XMP profile with the voltage set back to 1.2v which is the default and it's the only change i made, i tried running After Effects then Cinebench then installing a heavy game (150GB) and testing it, i even did some upscaling and encoding, all of this i wasn't able do before at 3200mhz but so far so good.

Last edited: