Question PC crashes and restarts while playing Escape from Tarkov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2023
Hi everyone, this is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P2bzVw

For the past few days I have been experiencing random crashes while playing Tarkov, sometimes the PC will display a Blue Screen Error before restarting, other times it freezes, everything becomes like those 'deepfried' memes and the PC just reboots on its own.
I've noticed that this does not happen in all maps and only happens in Tarkov. I've played Apex, CS, PoE and It Takes Two recently and none of the games caused a crash.

I have tried looking for some fixes online, some even from this forum - [SOLVED] - BSOD During Escape From Tarkov | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com), but nothing has fixed my problem and I am not knowledgeable enough to read and understand all of the logs/dumps.

Things I have tried so far:
  • Updating my display drivers manually from Nvidia's website
  • Removing one kit of RAM - I had 2 sets of 2x8GB (32GB) before, reduced it to 1 set (16GB)
  • Removing CPU OC (I already didn't have my GPU OC'd)
  • Changing Paging File size - Increased it in my SSD to min: 16GB and max: 32GB
  • Changing Paging File drive - Moved the paging file from the SSD to the HDD
    • I never crashed while having the Paging File on HDD, but the game would stutter like crazy.
    • I also noticed that at the time of a crash the SSD usage was 100% (according to task manager)
  • Everything in this thread - Tarkov causing BSOD - General game forum - Escape from Tarkov Forum
I usually have Afterburner open while playing and since the crashes are preceded by a freeze I've noticed that my GPU, CPU and RAM usage and temperatures are always stable/normal.

I think this might be an issue with my SSD or RAM, I am going to leave memtest running over night, what can I do to check the health of my SSD?

Here's the latest minidump from Windows: https://we.tl/t-j12dfzVqUt, it has crashed again since but no BSOD this time.

For the past few days I have been experiencing random crashes while playing Tarkov, sometimes the PC will display a Blue Screen Error before restarting, other times it freezes, everything becomes like those 'deepfried' memes and the PC just reboots on its own.
I've noticed that this does not happen in all maps and only happens in Tarkov. I've played Apex, CS, PoE and It Takes Two recently and none of the games caused a crash.

I have tried looking for some fixes online, some even from this forum - [SOLVED] - BSOD During Escape From Tarkov | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com), but nothing has fixed my problem and I am not knowledgeable enough to read and understand all of the logs/dumps.

• Removing one kit of RAM - I had 2 sets of 2x8GB (32GB) before, reduced it to 1 set (16GB)
    • I never crashed while having the Paging File on HDD, but the game would stutter like crazy.
    • I also noticed that at the time of a crash the SSD usage was 100% (according to task manager)
  • Everything in this thread - Tarkov causing BSOD - General game forum - Escape from Tarkov Forum
I usually have Afterburner open while playing and since the crashes are preceded by a freeze I've noticed that my GPU, CPU and RAM usage and temperatures are always stable/normal.

I think this might be an issue with my SSD or RAM, I am going to leave memtest running over night, what can I do to check the health of my SSD?

Here's the latest minidump from Windows: https://we.tl/t-j12dfzVqUt, it has crashed again since but no BSOD this time.
A psu not not strong right out the gate will say it to everyone with a 30xx card and anything less a 1000w psu.... Second don't pig tail you gpu cables make sure you have two/3/4 separate pcie cables for the gpu deepeneding on amount of spots required. Third is the bios up to date and mobo drivers installed... Bios properly set to support all components???????

And AGAIN can't state enough anyone with a 30xx rtx series or 6000 radeon series and anything less than a 1000w psu is asking to fry a psu at the least

Feb 15, 2023
A psu not not strong right out the gate will say it to everyone with a 30xx card and anything less a 1000w psu.... Second don't pig tail you gpu cables make sure you have two/3/4 separate pcie cables for the gpu deepeneding on amount of spots required. Third is the bios up to date and mobo drivers installed... Bios properly set to support all components???????

And AGAIN can't state enough anyone with a 30xx rtx series or 6000 radeon series and anything less than a 1000w psu is asking to fry a psu at the least

Thanks for replying, I'm from EU so sorry if my response is a bit delayed.

Wouldn't the PSU cause the same issues during stress testing? These crashes only seem to happen in Tarkov.
I ran memtest over night (2 sticks only) and got 0 errors. Checked the BIOS and its missing 1 update (Current: 7C56vAA / Latest: 7C56vAB) so will update that now.
There are also new versions for System & Chipset, LAN and On-Board Audio drivers in the motherboard's support section so I will update those.

My GPU is properly plugged in, but I will add power consumption and some extra stuff to RivaTuner so I can check those at the time of a freeze/crash.

Thanks for replying, I'm from EU so sorry if my response is a bit delayed.

Wouldn't the PSU cause the same issues during stress testing? These crashes only seem to happen in Tarkov.
I ran memtest over night (2 sticks only) and got 0 errors. Checked the BIOS and its missing 1 update (Current: 7C56vAA / Latest: 7C56vAB) so will update that now.
There are also new versions for System & Chipset, LAN and On-Board Audio drivers in the motherboard's support section so I will update those.

My GPU is properly plugged in, but I will add power consumption and some extra stuff to RivaTuner so I can check those at the time of a freeze/crash.
No that's the thing people don't understand compared to stress test and gaming..... Stress test just stress the components ability.... It won't generate the same power spikes the game will....

I would recommend trying to update the system if the system updates work great... If not I would test a more stable psu....

Feb 15, 2023
No that's the thing people don't understand compared to stress test and gaming..... Stress test just stress the components ability.... It won't generate the same power spikes the game will....

I would recommend trying to update the system if the system updates work great... If not I would test a more stable psu....

Hard for me to test a different PSU as I don't have any extra lying around, would have to buy one.
Do PSUs degrade that fast? I only started having this issue recently and have been playing Tarkov with this system since 2021 with no issues.

I just updated everything that was on the motherboard's support page, will test to see if I can reproduce the crash now.

Hard for me to test a different PSU as I don't have any extra lying around, would have to buy one.
Do PSUs degrade that fast? I only started having this issue recently and have been playing Tarkov with this system since 2021 with no issues.

I just updated everything that was on the motherboard's support page, will test to see if I can reproduce the crash now.

So same thing I'm trying to explain in another forum here right now actually.... Is it's more or less the 30xx series GPUs have a higher power spikes then anyone is actually realizing. It's causing the caps in the psu to max out a recharge at a ridiculous rate.... Which in turn is wearing them down I can no longer with a good heart recommend a 750w for higher teir PC these days the min I recommend is 1000w. As the cards spike it's not going to max the psu out causing it to have to Regen faster over and over...... The thing that some people widely over miss with the newer cards is as long as they don't over heat and have the power for it especially the oced editions they just keep ocing and ocing and ocing themself till the reach the max parameters which causes higher and higher power spikes....

I may not have explained that the best and someone may not understand what I'm saying but yeah.... These cards can get demanding

Gpu bios update.
https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/vga/3080-Low-Noise-default.zip

Do you have msi center installed if so try removing it from the system

Feb 15, 2023
Hi both, I updated the BIOS and all the drivers from the motherboard's support page, ran a few raids on the Maps that had issues and everything seems stable now.
I believe the PSU cables to the GPU are setup as in the video, but I will double check and keep testing to see if the issue happens again.

I don't have MSI Center installed, also is the GPU bios update safe to do or would it void my warranty?

Hi both, I updated the BIOS and all the drivers from the motherboard's support page, ran a few raids on the Maps that had issues and everything seems stable now.
I believe the PSU cables to the GPU are setup as in the video, but I will double check and keep testing to see if the issue happens again.

I don't have MSI Center installed, also is the GPU bios update safe to do or would it void my warranty?

Don't if the pc is stable.

Feb 15, 2023
Don't if the pc is stable.

It just crashed again, actually froze like this until I manually shut it down: View: https://imgur.com/a/yCKKlgf

I have checked and my GPU has 3 x 8 pin connectors powering it, 1st solo, 2nd and 3rd however are pig tailed, I will try having a single cable for each to see if that fixes the issue.

Edit: I don't have an extra PCI-E cable and I'm guessing the extra CPU one would do more harm than good so I will contact Seasonic's support to get a new one delivered (seems to be the only safe route of acquiring a compatible one)

Last edited:
Reactions: white.a.drew
It just crashed again, actually froze like this until I manually shut it down: View: https://imgur.com/a/yCKKlgf

I have checked and my GPU has 3 x 8 pin connectors powering it, 1st solo, 2nd and 3rd however are pig tailed, I will try having a single cable for each to see if that fixes the issue.

Edit: I don't have an extra PCI-E cable and I'm guessing the extra CPU one would do more harm than good so I will contact Seasonic's support to get a new one delivered (seems to be the only safe route of acquiring a compatible one)
Yeah do you have msi center installed on your PC?

Feb 15, 2023
Update, the cable came in yesterday but I have since fixed the issue.

I am not sure what fixed it exactly as I was trying multiple things at the same time, but I suspect it was removing Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) a program often recommended in Tarkov performance guides.
My guess is that I had it poorly configured and it was causing me to BSOD due to ram issues.

Thank you for all the assistance, hope this post helps someone else that might be facing the same issue.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS