Question PC "crashes" but stays on

funny_bruh

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
I've had this problem for about a year now. Whenever I play video games that are a bit more "demanding", such as Ghostrunner or God of War, I run in to a problem. Both of my monitors lose signal and my pc "crashes". My PC stays on, the lights stay on and I can hear sounds from the game. It seems as if I can only hear music since whenever I try to use my keyboard or mouse to do some kind of action in the game, I can't hear it. As I said before, I've had this problem for quite a while, but I've mostly been playing less hardware intense games such as League of Legends where this issue doesn't occur. At first I thought this was an issue with my monitors, so I bought a new main monitor while keeping the old one as a second one. I even bought new cables for both of them but none of these fixed the issue. Most of my PC hardware is not too old, max 3.5 years such as my GPU and 1.5 or less years for the rest. Except for my power supply, which might be around 8 years old. About 5 months ago I reinstalled windows and in the process installed fresh GPU drivers and such, yet the issue remains. I also made sure to monitor my thermals while gaming. My CPU peaked at around 55°C and GPU at 75°C under load. I haven't made any adjustments to my PC, such as GPU or CPU overclocking. As a side note, it seems like whenever I use OBS to record my gameplay this issue happens more frequently.

My PC specs:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X​
RAM - 2x8GB XPG GAMMIX D20 DDR4​
MOBO - ASRock B450 Steel Legend​
GPU - ASUS Radeon RX 570 Strix​
BOOT DRIVE - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD​
PSU - Corsair GS600​
OPERATING SYSTEM - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit​