Question PC crashes during gaming

Aug 4, 2024
Hi everyone,

For about two weeks now I have been experiencing crashing while playing resource-intensive video-games such as The Quarry, Resident Evil 4, Garden Simulator. What happens is that my monitor suddenly goes dark, displays the message "Enter power saving mode," and neither my keyboard nor my mouse react in any way. Sounds stop, and if I'm streaming during that, the footage freezes. The only solution that I know of is to reboot the computer.

My PC is about 3 years old, and I have never experienced an issue like this before. I've tried to diagnose by running HWiNFO to see if anything is overheating - the temperatures are fine, but that's where my expertise ends. I've noticed that the GPU usage goes 100% right before this happens. The log file that I recorded during a The Quarry gameplay is here for download. I'm also providing a dxdiag.

Any ideas what this might be caused by? Thanks a lot.

Aug 4, 2024
What are the full system specs includes the brand and model of the PSU?
Specs:
PSU: Kolink Enclave 700W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB Cache Hard Drive
Motherboard: MSI Z390 MPG GAMING PRO CARBON (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
RAM: Team Group Vulcan Z T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Chair
Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2 RGB AIO CPU Cooler - 240 mm

Aug 4, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your DxDiag output doesn't state the make and model of your PSU and it's age(3 years?). Please include them.

Is this your motherboard? If so, can you use CPU-Z and tell us what the BIOS version is on the mainboard tab?
The PSU is 3 years old and it's Kolink Enclave 700W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply

The motherboard is MSI Z390 MPG GAMING PRO CARBON (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX and the mainboard tab states version 1.70