Aug 12, 2021
Specs

I9 11900k
2x 16gb DDR4 3200 Mhz Vengeance Ram
MSI MPG Z490 motherboard
3070 GPU
Be quiet 4 CPU cooler
750 watt Corsier PSU

I overclocked my CPU, RAM and GPU and pc was running fine. Then I went into BIOS to increase fan speeds. After that PC crashed, now everytime I try to OC ram or cpu even slightly PC crashes. PC only runs stable if everything is default.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Solution
Ok well what about the RAM? Any reason I'm not able to OC that now either?
So one thing people don't understand about oc'ing that I really wish they would do a little more research into.... as you're ocing your cpu... the RAM does its own slight ocing with it. So if your oc your cpu from 3.2GHz to 4.2GHz the RAM will generally oc with it about 1/4 of the oc you gave the cpu. If it has the ability to but if you are ocing it before it does this then it trys to over push the clocks and crashes
Specs

I9 11900k
2x 16gb DDR4 3200 Mhz Vengeance Ram
MSI MPG Z490 motherboard
3070 GPU
Be quiet 4 CPU cooler
750 watt Corsier PSU

I overclocked my CPU, RAM and GPU and pc was running fine. Then I went into BIOS to increase fan speeds. After that PC crashed, now everytime I try to OC ram or cpu even slightly PC crashes. PC only runs stable if everything is default.

Anyone know what the problem is?
Something your owing isn't correct make sure you are setting volts and timings right. Not everyone's oc will work with other people's system I maybe able to get my cpu to 5.2GHz doesn't mean others can the cpu load ability will determine how well it can oc some people maybe able to get their cpus to 5.2 like me but the moment they run anything the load at that speed my crash the cpu luck of the silicon lottery.... but that being said. If your coping another person's oc profile you may need to up your volts compared to theirs since their cpu may just be better at load computing

Ok well what about the RAM? Any reason I'm not able to OC that now either?
So one thing people don't understand about oc'ing that I really wish they would do a little more research into.... as you're ocing your cpu... the RAM does its own slight ocing with it. So if your oc your cpu from 3.2GHz to 4.2GHz the RAM will generally oc with it about 1/4 of the oc you gave the cpu. If it has the ability to but if you are ocing it before it does this then it trys to over push the clocks and crashes

Solution
Actually if go to one of my first post I had this issue with my ram and I think I learned that part hear.... after I fried own of my ram sticks saddly.... replaced the kit.