PC crashes in games

Rexain

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
Had my pc for a year now with any kind of problem, recently it has began to crash when i play slightly more demanding games (will crash on league of legends or csgo but no minecraft), i dont play for long, it will crashes 5-10 minutes in, i cant tell if it is a psu or gpu problem, but my usb's have been going a little weird too.

-My PC-
CPU - AMD FX8320 (not oc)
Fan - Hyper 212 evo
MOBO - Asus M5a97 R2
RAM - 8gb Corsair Vengeance
GPU - Msi r9 270x 2gb (not oc)
PSU - Corsair 600M 600W

Also i took a video whilst playing league of legends of my HWmonitor i dont know what any of it means y self and dont know if it will be helpful but i dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szfxbWvM_sA crashes at 28 seconds

help please :/

Solution
I recommended you to buy new power supply because i had similar problem and solved it with changing power supply,but now i realy don't know what could be the problem with your pc,have you overclocked anything maybe if you did revert everethyng at stock settings,make sure all the temperatures are fine,run memtest86 to check your ram sticks one by one,try installing older drivers if it worked fine with older ones,.......

Ivan96

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015

Probably,do you have spare psu or can you borrow psu from friend and check do you still have a problem,those voltages are low but still not too bad so it could be psu but also it could be somethin else,like driver issue,heat issue,......
You are using more than one monitor,right?

Rexain

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

usulaly am using one, stole my mums tv so i could record xd

drivers are fine, updated them yesterday

and no i dont have a friend :/

Rexain

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

so ive found a temporary solution of turning the graphics quality in games from max to medium/low has solved it but is very ugly... and im not getting what i want. This helpful?

Ivan96

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
Well when you turn graphics quality down your gpu is less stressed so that means it uses less power......i can only advice you to buy new power supply and see if that helps but you must keep in mind that it could be some other hardware failure......

Rexain

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

new power supply doesnt work

Ivan96

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015

You bought new power supply and problem is still there,right? Which power supply have you bought?

Rexain

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

Yep, got a cx750

Ivan96

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
I recommended you to buy new power supply because i had similar problem and solved it with changing power supply,but now i realy don't know what could be the problem with your pc,have you overclocked anything maybe if you did revert everethyng at stock settings,make sure all the temperatures are fine,run memtest86 to check your ram sticks one by one,try installing older drivers if it worked fine with older ones,.......

Solution

Rexain

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

still no luck

Ivan96

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015

Than there is only one thing left to do and that is to take your pc to the shop and request some professional assistance because your graphics card might be broken or even your motherboard and to know that for sure someone must do some tests,i tried my best to help you but i'm really sorry it didn't work so i wish you all the best and hope that you will be able to fix your problem.

Rexain

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

Thanks

Rexain

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

Hi, so update, local guy charges £160 just to even look at my pc, and he is the only gun i could find that would do it, it is cheaper for me to to just straight up replace the video card and im just wondering it is definitely be replace and not the motherboard or something?

Ivan96

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015

I'm not 100% sure it's a graphics card and you already spended money becuase of me for power supply and i feel sorry because of that and i don't want you to waste your money even more so it would be better if you could try some old card just to make sure it's a graphics card problem before buying a new one,for example you could buy some old used card for 20£ just for testing or borrow one from someone and if everything is fine with that card than you can buy a new one,also you could try to install some older drivers i for example had a lot off crashing in bf4 like you only i had red screen and not white and i solved it with installing older driver,it's most definetely problem with gpu but that not means it's faulty it could be driver issue,try to update motherboard bios............At the end i don't think you should buy a new card until you try every possible solution and if all of that fail than you go and buy a new card.

TRENDING THREADS