Question PC crashes when gaming

chhheeeiz

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015
Recently my old GPU died and I bought a new one along with a new PSU. Problem is whenever I start playing a graphically intensive game the screen goes black and the audio freezes but the components keep running (i can hear the fans working).
At first i taught that it was my CPU just going ''kaput'' ,but after running a CPU stress test, it didn't crash,next i ran a GPU test using Superposition Benchmark and Furmark.I also did a clean install on the graphic drivers with DDU .
So i'm wondering if its:
A:a faulty GPU ;
B:not enough cooling because when gaming both CPU and GPU go to around 75 (i need to buy some external fans);
C:insufficient PSU ,even tought i read that 650 should be enough, but i think that was for the not OC'd GPU;
D:a faulty PSU

Superposition Benchmark parameters (4k resolution) a second before the crash:
GPU UTIL:100%
GPU SCLK: 1366 MHz
GPU MCLK: 2000 MHz
GPU TEMP: 77C
GPU PWR: 150 (i think that it aways crashes at 150 so it could be the psu)
GPU VRAM UTIL :4GB
RAM UTIL :5.1 GB

System specs:
Win 10
RX 580 8 GB sapphire pulse(factory overclocked to 1366 MHz)
I5 4460
MSI H81M-P33
Seasonic 650FM Gold

PS:sorry for bad english and sentence structure :D.

chhheeeiz

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015
Your video card requires additional, standalone power. Did you connect the required cables to it?
Your video card requires additional, standalone power. Did you connect the required cables to it?
I think so , i connected a 8 pin connector and that's the only slot on the card.Also after lowering the Frequency and Voltage in wattman it went past 150W to around 164W but still crashes.

Recently my old GPU died and I bought a new one along with a new PSU. Problem is whenever I start playing a graphically intensive game the screen goes black and the audio freezes but the components keep running (i can hear the fans working).
At first i taught that it was my CPU just going ''kaput'' ,but after running a CPU stress test, it didn't crash,next i ran a GPU test using Superposition Benchmark and Furmark.I also did a clean install on the graphic drivers with DDU .
So i'm wondering if its:
A:a faulty GPU ;
B:not enough cooling because when gaming both CPU and GPU go to around 75 (i need to buy some external fans);
C:insufficient PSU ,even tought i read that 650 should be enough, but i think that was for the not OC'd GPU;
D:a faulty PSU

Superposition Benchmark parameters (4k resolution) a second before the crash:
GPU UTIL:100%
GPU SCLK: 1366 MHz
GPU MCLK: 2000 MHz
GPU TEMP: 77C
GPU PWR: 150 (i think that it aways crashes at 150 so it could be the psu)
GPU VRAM UTIL :4GB
RAM UTIL :5.1 GB

System specs:
Win 10
RX 580 8 GB sapphire pulse(factory overclocked to 1366 MHz)
I5 4460
MSI H81M-P33
Seasonic 650FM Gold

PS:sorry for bad english and sentence structure :D.

You bought the PSU new?