[SOLVED] PC crashes while gaming no BSOD

Jan 17, 2023
hello, my english isn't very good and its my first post on any forum.. I will just write down the facts

I made the last hardware change for about 3 months and had any issues since then.
But since 4days my PC crashes while gaming after about 5-60min.
I can do all other things and it wont crash.

I haven't done any changes in the BIOS, I didn't update drivers or any other changes I think.

I don't get a blue screen. The PC just turns of instantly and it doesn't turn on again.
I must turn off the power supply, wait a few seconts, turn it on again TWO TIMES to get the PC turning on again.

My System:
component | when I installed it into my system (I upgraded the parts over time)
  • Windows 10 | latest version
  • Asus ROG Strix X470-f Gaming | 2018-2019
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | October 2022
  • Corsair vengence RGB Pro 32gb 3600Mhz Cl18 | October 2022
  • Asus TUF RTX 3080 V2 OC | end of 2021
  • be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W | 2018-2019
I tested the components when I bought them.
I haven't overclocked anything.

What I have done:
  • updated the GPU driver
  • uninstalled Asus AI Suite and installed the AMD CPU driver, because someone said that in another forum
What I think I know:
SSDs -> NOT THE PROBLEM
Power Supply -> COULD BE
Temperatures -> NOT THE PROBLEM
The game itself -> NOT THE PROBLEM
RAM -> NOT THE PROBLEM
Mainboard -> COULD BE

I think thats it, but I dont even know what I already did exactly. It already took me like 20 hours.

Normally I solve PC problems by myself, but I have no Idea with this one. Maybe malware or something? I dont know.
Hopefully you can help me :)

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023
I would use chdisk command for the drive. To test psu, I would run furmark. If it's a psu issues it should crash immediately. You also want to test your ram. A bad ram fits that description. Use software like memtest to find any errors.
Thanks
So I tried all your suggestions, but none of it had any issues
chdisk had 0 errors
It didnt crash while furmark was running or the occt stress test
and I let run memtest over 3 hours through 2 full cycles and some of tests of the 3rd, but I tested the ram with memtest 4 full cycles when I bought the RAM 3 months ago

maybe you have another hint how to get more information?
I think its the motherboard at this time

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Check the first two subheadings in Event Viewer and see what that says.
I usually keep another device nearby so as to cross reference what the event codes are.

Does this issue present with all gaming, or a specific title?
Often, if it is only one game doing so, searching the game specific forum can be helpful.

Jan 17, 2023
Check the first two subheadings in Event Viewer and see what that says.
I usually keep another device nearby so as to cross reference what the event codes are.

Does this issue present with all gaming, or a specific title?
Often, if it is only one game doing so, searching the game specific forum can be helpful.
There are no Errors in the Event Viewer, besides some disk errors, but i removed the affected disk and the pc crashed anyways.
I already tested multiple games, the game doesn't matter.

Jan 17, 2023
I am surprised that you aren't seeing Event 41 just from the unexpected shutdown. Not to suggest just blindly suggesting parts to buy, it leans towards a PSU issue.
Im sorry, there is indeed event 41 and event 6008
I thought there is no was that these dont appear in such a case.