Apr 3, 2023
Hi guys badly need your help,

My PC always crashes when playing games (Summoner Wars: Chronicles) after installing latest drives on my motherboard.
I already checked my RAM via Memory Diagnostic Tool but there were no issues at all.
I already checked my SSDusing LatencyMon and everything is fine.
Updating windows always having some issues, Windows 10 22H2 cannot be installed using the windows update (Undoing changes to your computer).

I have experienced so many types of BLUE SCREEN.

Errors experienced: CRITICALPROCESS DIED, SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, MEMORY MANAGEMENT ERROR
STORE EXCEPTION ERROR.
Im also experiencing " Windows cannot sign in to your account" error.
I already formatted my PC a couple of times already but still getting all of those errors!

Please help me!
Thank you in advance!

SPECS:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
VCARD: PALIT GEFORCE GTX 1070
Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite
RAM: TeamGroup TFORCE 2 x 8 3200
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX
PSU: Rave 500watts 80+

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2731765

Rave 500watts 80+

This PSU might be the culprit. Get a decent HIGH quality PSU model from a reputed brand, and then retest the system. Is it Aerocool RAVE model ? The OEM is "Andyson" for this unit I presume, and I would avoid using this model series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: noldzkisu
Apr 3, 2023
This PSU might be the culprit. Get a decent HIGH quality PSU model from a reputed brand, and then retest the system. Is it Aerocool RAVE model ? The OEM is "Andyson" for this unit I presume, and I would avoid using this model series.

Yes it is Aerocool Rave 500w 80+ Model, never had a problem with it since. But idk why this happens now.

D

Deleted member 2731765

Please get a high quality PSU instead, and then retest all the games and the overall performance. Never skimp on the PSU, since this is the MOST important component in any gaming rig especially.

I can't stress this enough. Kindly go through this PSU TIER list to get an idea on the different PSU brands and their respective models, and how they stack up against each other based on hierarchy.

This list was last updated on July 2021 though.

Article - [psucultists] PSU tier list rev. 14.8 (Final Update Jul '21) | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Also, try doing a CLEAN reinstall and format of the OS. A fresh Windows 10/11 OS install never hurts.

Apr 3, 2023
Please get a high quality PSU instead, and then retest all the games and the overall performance. Never skimp on the PSU, since this is the MOST important component in any gaming rig especially.

I can't stress this enough. Kindly go through this PSU TIER list to get an idea on the different PSU brands and their respective models, and how they stack up against each other based on hierarchy.

This list was last updated on July 2021 though.

Article - [psucultists] PSU tier list rev. 14.8 (Final Update Jul '21) | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Also, try doing a CLEAN reinstall and format of the OS. A fresh Windows 10/11 OS install never hurts.

Thank you so much for the input.
Im looking for PSUs now, i thinking of buying the corsair CV650 80+ bronze

Apr 3, 2023
Don't, it's another basic, entry-level GPU.

For an old 70-series card, there's usually little worth buying that's less expensive than a CX 550 or CX 650 (NOT the green lettered CX 430 or 600)

Corsar CV650 is not enough? how about the Cooler master MWE 600 Bronze? it is one of the recommended PSU in the Tier List both of them btw.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Corsar CV650 is not enough? how about the Cooler master MWE 600 Bronze? it is one of the recommended PSU in the Tier List both of them btw.

The MWE Bronze is only in the Tier B List if it's the V2 and it's not the 230V only one. Otherwise, they're Tier C or Tier D here, both inappropriate for a 70-level Nvidia GPU.

Last edited:
You are looking at cheap power supplies.

Do not buy a cheap psu.
A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It may not have all safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability;
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

Do not buy one.

While tier lists are useful opinions, I think the best way for a non expert to assess psu quality is to look at the warranty.
A quality psu will have a 7 year or better warranty.

A good psu is an investment. The marginal cost of increasing capability from 550/650/750/850w is not usually great.
Modern graphics cards can have power spikes well above the nominal usage.
A stronger unit can help ride through that.
Buy a size that could handle your maximum future gpu upgrade.
An overly strong psu will only use the power demanded of it, regardless of the max capability.

Apr 3, 2023
You are looking at cheap power supplies.

Do not buy a cheap psu.
A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It may not have all safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability;
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

Do not buy one.

While tier lists are useful opinions, I think the best way for a non expert to assess psu quality is to look at the warranty.
A quality psu will have a 7 year or better warranty.

A good psu is an investment. The marginal cost of increasing capability from 550/650/750/850w is not usually great.
Modern graphics cards can have power spikes well above the nominal usage.
A stronger unit can help ride through that.
Buy a size that could handle your maximum future gpu upgrade.
An overly strong psu will only use the power demanded of it, regardless of the max capability.

This is noted, will try to look for Cooler Master MWE GOLD or anything in the Tier B list will update you guys if I still get the errors.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
This is noted, will try to look for Cooler Master MWE GOLD or anything in the Tier B list will update you guys if I still get the errors.

Crossing our fingers. There can still be other problems, but you always need to get junk PSUs out of the mix when diagnosing these types of issues. And I'll definitely hope that it's not the worst-case scenario, in which the blue screens are caused by other components that were damaged by the cheap PSU.