Question PC crashes with no bluescreen

cachemob

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2014
the problem started some weeks ago and back then i thought its the ram so i bought a new pair but it barely did anything, i might even say it got worse.
i looked around for solutions on the forums but my CPU isnt overheating, around 40c on idle 60-70 range when playing.
GPU is fine too I swapped gpu with my cousins and he didnt had any problems with it, while mine still crashed often when i try to play games but it also happens when im browsing content/ streaming.
could it be the psu or processor?
it doesnt go to bsod just gets stuck on sound and straight up resets
my set up is :
CPU:ryzen 5 3600
BOARD:MSI A520 pro
RAM:32 gigs of ram by patriot
PSU:600DE deepcool
GPU: MSI gtx 1660Super

cachemob

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2014
PSU:600DE deepcool
How old is the PSU in your build?

BOARD:MSI A520 pro
Is this your motherboard;
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A520M-A-PRO
?
If so, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

RAM:32 gigs of ram by patriot
Got a link to your ram kit?
powersupply is aged, around 4/5 years

yeah that is my motherboard and i think i had the default bios installed BIOS ver:E7C96AMS.1b0 build date 8/11/2022
i also forgot to add that the board is recently bought
my ram is this one but the 32(16x2) version
https://viper.patriotmemory.com/pro...nce-memory-ram-viper-gaming-by-patriot-memory
i did a windows diagnostic run just now didnt find any problems on both ram
also run Geek3D stress test for the gpu

Last edited:

cachemob

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2014
>could it be the psu or processor?

BSOD is more likely software than hardware. Try that route first since it doesn't cost money.

Backup personal data, and do clean Windows install.

If that's too much hassle, find spare drive (SATA or NVMe, SSD or HDD), pull your boot drive and put it aside, plug in spare drive, and do clean Windows install on that.

If BSOD stops with spare drive, it's a Windows problem on OG drive, and do clean install on that.

If BSOD doesn't stop with spare drive, hardware troubleshooting is next.
i have tried it earlier today fresh installed OS its fine for awhile but the problem came back as soon as i finished installed the driver updates

cachemob

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2014
I would probably blame PSU, in this instance.
how likely will it be sir? i unfortunately have no way to test it out since i have no spare PSU but so far.Ram seems good atleast according to memory diagnostics, mobo is recently bought, GPU passes the stress test. its just the CPU and PSU that i havent tested yet as i have no way of testing it out

cachemob

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2014
Age of the unit, and the questionable quality, I would say quite likely. I would give this a watch, to maybe test CPU side.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og_xKyB9bKc
ohh alright i will check this out, temp wise it is doing okay now probably around 60c' but i only upgraded the cooling fan recently it was on the stock wraith cooler since i bought until recently. ill check this out and let you know