Question PC crashing after closing games

DegHunt

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
This is a really weird issue to me because it was happening with my previous PC components. I upgraded my MOBO from asus rog strix b350-f to b550-f. Upgraded from 650w psu to msi mpg a750gf (750w gold). So I don't think it's faulty psu/mobo. If it's really a hardware issue I'm starting to think maybe it's the GPU. Have had gpu since 2019.

My PC minutes after it's under heavy load just crashes and the display goes black. Then there's one continuous beep then 3 beeps. For my ASUS motherboard it means no VGA detected. I concluded it wasn't my memory as I used windows tool to check memory and used memtest86 and passed the first test and closed it after. Should I try replacing thermal paste? While doing heaven benchmark the temps were about 80-83 Celsius.

I tried sfc /scannow and another one to check windows and everything is good. I was told it was a coincidence, but these issues only started on both PCs after installing/playing OW2. Tried using older gpu driver.

My rig: asus rog strix b550-f gaming, vega 56, r5 3600, windows 10, msi 750w psu, 2tb samsung nvme.

Oct 7, 2023
Hello DegHunt,
Most likely your GPU is in unrecoverable state as 80C under years degrade the chip under Hugh temperature, so you either must decrease the temperature of gpu by decreasing its core frequency and decrease core voltage, to support the temp <72C or just buy a new gpu and try to support the Temps below 70C to greatly increase the lifespan of your GPU.

Reactions: DegHunt

DegHunt

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Hello DegHunt,
Most likely your GPU is in unrecoverable state as 80C under years degrade the chip under Hugh temperature, so you either must decrease the temperature of gpu by decreasing its core frequency and decrease core voltage, to support the temp <72C or just buy a new gpu and try to support the Temps below 70C to greatly increase the lifespan of your GPU.
Yeah I replaced the gpu and the issue went away. Thanks.