[SOLVED] Pc crashing when shuting down or going to sleep

Jun 17, 2021
Hello, im having problems with my laptop, one MSI GF63 thin 9sc, with i7 9750H, gtx 1650, 16gb of ram, 1 ssd and 1 hdd.
Every time i put the laptop to sleep or shut down the laptop, it crashes, causing it to restart, i can force turn it off by maintaining the power button down and that way it stays off, but is a pain not being able to put it to sleep.

Event viewer gives me the error ID 41 Category (63), im running windows 10 21H1 build 19043.1055

Here is a list of the things i have already tried:
-Reseting the computer
-Formatting the computer with fresh windows install
-run "sfc /scannow" to verify the OS and dism "/Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" to repair it
-run windows defender scan to make sure it wasnt any kind of virus
-disabled every non windows service and restart to check this wasnt caused by a program
-resetted ec firmware and after it didnt work i updated it, still without success
-fiddle with options in the power settings, no success
-after noticing the TMP had a yellow triangle on device manager, i tried disabling it from BIOS, no success
-using the windows memory diagnostic tool, everything was ok
-tried to update (or reinstall, since it was the same version) the BIOS, but since it had to restart in order to confirm the update, it crashed and wont let me do it.
-tried updating drivers both manually and by a third party software
-(edit) i just remember, i tried to deactivate the reboot on system failure, but the option wont stay unchecked after restarting the computer, similarly, msi dragon center, my fan control software, loses the advance profile (the profile where you can custimize the fan curves) and set all fan curves to 0, causing the fans to not work until configured again.

This is a video of it happening

I dont know what else to do, im kind of desperate tbh, so any help will be appreciated, im confortable opening the laptop if it should be needed.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hello, im having problems with my laptop, one MSI GF63 thin 9sc, with i7 9750H, gtx 1650, 16gb of ram, 1 ssd and 1 hdd.
Every time i put the laptop to sleep or shut down the laptop, it crashes, causing it to restart, i can force turn it off by maintaining the power button down and that way it stays off, but is a pain not being able to put it to sleep.

Event viewer gives me the error ID 41 Category (63), im running windows 10 21H1 build 19043.1055

-Reseting the computer
-run "sfc /scannow" to verify the OS and dism "/Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" to repair it
-run windows defender scan to make sure it wasnt any kind of...

-Reseting the computer
-disabled every non windows service and restart to check this wasnt caused by a program
-resetted ec firmware and after it didnt work i updated it, still without success
-after noticing the TMP had a yellow triangle on device manager, i tried disabling it from BIOS, no success
-tried to update (or reinstall, since it was the same version) the BIOS, but since it had to restart in order to confirm the update, it crashed and wont let me do it.
-(edit) i just remember, i tried to deactivate the reboot on system failure, but the option wont stay unchecked after restarting the computer, similarly, msi dragon center, my fan control software, loses the advance profile (the profile where you can custimize the fan curves) and set all fan curves to 0, causing the fans to not work until configured again.

I dont know what else to do, im kind of desperate tbh, so any help will be appreciated, im confortable opening the laptop if it should be needed.
Thanks in advance!
Reset the pc without installing any msi application feature.... Not everytime will this happen but A LOT MORE THEN IT SHOULD... Msi, gigabyte, asus, and even evga mobo's HATE their control application. So if your like me..... Say you only use asus boards. Never ever install asus armoury or asus grid or any of their application control centers... Forget they even exist.... Install you mobo drivers from the website and everything else.... The 2 times i used msi and had your issue... It was the msi dragon center causing the problem as well as the other system had another msi control center installed that cause the same issue... Removing and running the systems without them helped in a lot of ways not just sleep and shutdown

Solution

-Reseting the computer

Thanks in advance!
If you need to adjust cpu speed ram speed fan speed and or thing else to do with the mobo... Do it in bios.