[SOLVED] PC crashing while playing CS:GO

Chmose

Reputable
Oct 8, 2019
Hi,

Recently, my PC has started crashing randomly while playing CS:GO and only CS:GO. Other games much harder to run don't crash. There is no bluescreen or minidumps, or specific events (in event viewer) it only crashes and reboots randomly. I've tried updating drivers, reinstalling cs:go, but nothing. Also my temps are fine and so is my load. Can you guys help?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700x
Motherboard: MSI X470
Ram: 16 GB
SSD/HDD: Crucial MX200 and Seagate HDD ST200DM001
GPU: GTX 1070
PSU: HX850

Thank you.

Chmose

Reputable
Oct 8, 2019
Is CS:GO on a different drive from the other games?
Did you mix ram?
Any specific software you use while playing that game, or perhaps leaving the browser running in the background?
CS:GO is not on a different drive although i did try to move it to my SSD to see if it would change anything and it didn't. My RAM is not mix and i am indeed leaving the browser open in the background but with my setup it shouldn't be a problem no? The only specific softwares i use while playing that game is Discord.

Thank you!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
  1. Find the .EXE for CS:GO.
  2. Right-click on the executable and select Properties in the pop-up menu.
  3. On the Properties window, click the Compatibility tab.
  4. Under the Compatibility mode section, check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
  5. In the drop-down box below the checkbox option, select the version of Windows to run the software program under, for compatibility.
  6. Click the OK button to save the settings and run the game again.

Chmose

Reputable
Oct 8, 2019
  1. Find the .EXE for CS:GO.
  2. Right-click on the executable and select Properties in the pop-up menu.
  3. On the Properties window, click the Compatibility tab.
  4. Under the Compatibility mode section, check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
  5. In the drop-down box below the checkbox option, select the version of Windows to run the software program under, for compatibility.
  6. Click the OK button to save the settings and run the game again.
It has not helped. Although you can only launch CS:GO through steam so i don't know if it applies the compatibility mode. I appreciate all your suggestions and i'm willing to try everything to fix it :).

Chmose

Reputable
Oct 8, 2019
Windows Game Bar and Game Mode are turned off?

Go to your Steam Library, right-click on CS:GO and click on Properties. Click on Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Restart Steam.

Remove any gpu overclocks.
Windows Game Bar and Mode are turned off. I've already tried verifying integrity of game files multiples times. No GPU or CPU overlocks.

Chmose

Reputable
Oct 8, 2019
Tell us more about the crash - does the screen freeze, go black? Does the music stop, keep playing? How do you get the computer to recover? What are your other games that don't crash?
It just reboots as if i had restarted my pc so my screens go black because there's no image to display. The music stops. Windows does detect that it didn't shutdown correctly but that's about it. Other games that don't crash: Escape from Tarkov, Rainbow Six Siege, Rocket League, World or Warcraft and the list goes on...

I had a similar issue when my last video card was on the fritz. Interestingly, the issues started with CS:GO, but after a couple months spread to other games. Hopefully your 1070 isn't having such issues. Are you sure there aren't any Nvidia-type events in event logs?

Chmose

Reputable
Oct 8, 2019
I had a similar issue when my last video card was on the fritz. Interestingly, the issues started with CS:GO, but after a couple months spread to other games. Hopefully your 1070 isn't having such issues. Are you sure there aren't any Nvidia-type events in event logs?
Nothing in NVIDIA but i have just noticed this in my event viewer 5 seconds before the "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first." Error.

Event 10, EnhancedStorage-EhStorTcgDrv

A TCG Command has returned an error.
Desc: AuthenticateSession
Param1: 0x1
Param2: 0x60000001C
Param3: 0x900000006
Param4: 0x0

I do not know if it's related to the problem however

Chmose

Reputable
Oct 8, 2019