PC Crashing without a blue screen - sudden slowdown - can't end process/won't open task manager.

Amadeus12

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
So I think it's been around 6 or 7 months that occasionally I've experienced a weird sudden random slowdown, I'd be able to type but there'd be a lag in the letters showing up and it wouldn't let me open my Task Manager, for instance, and even if I had it open it wouldn't let me end processes or anything; I'd just reboot to fix it.

So this last month it has been happening more often, this last week it happened 3 times already. All 3 times happened while playing a game called Warframe. I'd be able to move my camera, freely, without a lose in Frames Per Second, but everything would be frozen in place, I still hear the sound and eveyrthing I can move my camera freely, again, but I'm frozen, as if I was lagged out-connection wise, except my PC is experience a massive slowdown globally, doesn't let me ALT+F4 or end the process. I have to reboot.

And now I'm getting worried. I check the event viewers, but while there are errors and critical instances, it's due to me restarting the PC, doesn't really show what failed. Temperatures are nothing crazy, it's very hot down here, but usually while playing games CPU and GPU oscillate between 55-60, never really get past there.

Is my PC dying? Is it the CPU dying? I don't think it's the GPU since it's very cool and I've never had any major issues.

I'm at a loss and in dire help.

Someone told me that this is what happens when your PC somehow manages to keep working and prevented the blue screen. Not to sure how to proceed.

SPECS

CPU: Intel i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS H61M-E
Ram: G.skill 8gb x2
SSD/HDD: ADATA SX900, ADATA SU 800
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti
PSU: Corsair 500w
Chassis: Cooler Master (forgot exact model)