UserBenchmarks: Game 129%, Desk 89%, Work 134%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - 83.3%
GPU: AMD RX 6800-XT - 155.3%
SSD: WDS100T3XHC-00SJG0 1TB - 281.7%
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 C15 4x4GB - 75%
MBD: MSI B450 Tomahawk
PSU: EVGA 750 GQ
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44414101

So, my PC has been shutting down in the middle of gaming. It is only certain games. I can play League of Legends and Overwatch on max settings with no issues. I try to play Red Dead Redemption, Valhalla, or Planet Zoo...it will just shut down (the PC lights are on, but have to restart with the button).

I originally had a MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC. This is where the issue originated. I thought it was heat. So, bought a new case with Noctua fans. I cleaned every inch of the components for dust and repasted everything. Temps are great now, but still the same shut down issue after all that. (~65C full load before crash according to GPU-Z logs)

Thinking it was the GPU, I upgraded to a Gigabyte RX 6800-XT. Before I installed the new GPU, I installed a new NVMe and a fresh install of Windows. When I fired up the games, the same thing continues to happen. I can play for 10-20 minutes before the computer shuts itself down.

I ran 3DMark and it did not crash during the stress test. So, I uninstalled the drivers using Guru3d's DDU tool. I reinstalled it all manually. Still same issue.

I thought maybe it could be a power issue, I had a Corsair CX750M from 2014. So, I just picked up a new EVGA 750 80+ gold. Same issue.

Not really sure where to go from here. I have always ran everything on default settings and don't overclock anything. My primary monitor is a AMD Free-sync 3440x1440 and a basic secondary vertical 1080p. If that makes any difference.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? You might want to know that your platform could use some more oomph in the ram department, considering that RyZen platforms love DDR4-3200MHz rams in dual channel whereby RyZen processors tend to perform better. Can you source another PSU for your build, borrowing a unit from your friend or neighbor? EVGA tend to have hit or miss units within their own portfolio of PSU's even in their high end range of units. If I'm reading this right, you've got BIOS versions pending update. Gradually work your way to the latest, please don't jump to the latest. As a side note, can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? Asking to make sure your...

Lutfij

Titan

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? You might want to know that your platform could use some more oomph in the ram department, considering that RyZen platforms love DDR4-3200MHz rams in dual channel whereby RyZen processors tend to perform better. Can you source another PSU for your build, borrowing a unit from your friend or neighbor? EVGA tend to have hit or miss units within their own portfolio of PSU's even in their high end range of units. If I'm reading this right, you've got BIOS versions pending update. Gradually work your way to the latest, please don't jump to the latest. As a side note, can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? Asking to make sure your system doesn't croak when updating BIOS(which can cause the motherboard to brick).

Where did you source the titles from?

Reactions: Bassman999
Solution

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? You might want to know that your platform could use some more oomph in the ram department, considering that RyZen platforms love DDR4-3200MHz rams in dual channel whereby RyZen processors tend to perform better. Can you source another PSU for your build, borrowing a unit from your friend or neighbor? EVGA tend to have hit or miss units within their own portfolio of PSU's even in their high end range of units. If I'm reading this right, you've got BIOS versions pending update. Gradually work your way to the latest, please don't jump to the latest. As a side note, can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? Asking to make sure your system doesn't croak when updating BIOS(which can cause the motherboard to brick).

Where did you source the titles from?
Stability in BIOS is important for an update! Im glad to see that this isnt being overlooked!!