PC cuts power immediately after boot *SOMETIMES*

Angolmagyar

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2014
Just after the start of the corona lockdown, I decided to finally upgrade my pc and my girlfriend hopped on the train and I helped her upgrade her system too. Now when I say upgrade, i mean an entirely new system.

So my pc works fine. I built it, and I built hers. I have built many PC's before, I feel like I know what I'm doing and I am confident I made no errors during build. However, my gf's pc SOMETIMES, for whatever reason, when the power button is pressed, the pc begins to boot, rgb lights come on, but before the system can POST, the power cuts out and the pc shuts down... As if the power had been cut like a flip of a switch. Keep in mind, this happens SOMETIMES... like one out of 15 times, if I had to estimate. I do not understand why, because otherwise when it boots properly, the PC works fine.

Now, she did have an issue of getting frequent BSOD's, we swapped rams, gpu's, almost everything but the cpu and the psu (don't have any other to change it with). Eventually (after some windows updates..... ) this just stopped happening... So i guess I have my answer for that. But this immediate shutoff is 1. not new, and 2. not going away.

So the specs:
MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max ATX motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 2060 Super Windforce OC
2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro C16 3200MHz DDR4
Seasonic Focus GX 750W 80+ Gold PSU.

The rest, as far as I know, shouldn't cause this power issue, but they are:
Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 2280 ssd
Seagate BarraCuda 4TB HDD 5400 RPM
Noctua NH-D15
CoolerMaster H500M case
+ fans

I have changed the socket the PC is plugged into, in case its a bad electrical socket, no change. I made damn sure there were no left-over screws or anything that could make contact between pins or any part of the circuit, I have checked all the cables, made triple sure they are plugged in firmly and secure, even changed the cables... No bueno.

Again, when the PC does turn on, it functions without any issues, did several memory tests on the ram, no errors, no weird artifacts on screen, so GPU is good, after the windows updates, blue screens seized. So I don't understand what could be causing this. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS