Question PC die after trying to OC Cpu

Aug 7, 2020
hello
yesterday I tried to oc my cpu actually I don't know what I'm doing exactly
I changed only the cpu clock or somging like this
and then the pc wont display nothing (he's power up leds and fans working)
I tried to clear cmos in any way (battery/jumper without power)
but still the same
my pc is
amd r5 3600
gigabyte b450 s2h
16 gb corsair vengence 3000 mhz
rx 5700xt
any another solution ?
TY

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU? Remove the CMOS battery from the board for at least 15 minutes while the system is disconnected from the wall. If I were you, if the system revives, I'd overclock the rams only and not bother with the processor.

Reactions: RodroX
Aug 7, 2020
Make and model of your PSU? Remove the CMOS battery from the board for at least 15 minutes while the system is disconnected from the wall. If I were you, if the system revives, I'd overclock the rams only and not bother with the processor.
its too late 🤔 and I removed the battery for 30 minutes

Very uncommon that a failed cpu overclock would result in dead components although not impossible.
What settings did you use`? Core clock and voltage.

After resetting cmos you could try to run your pc with only 1 stick of ram applied to see if that helps.

Also some motherboards take time to boot after cmos clearing, so keep that in mind aswell. Not particularly sure it applies in this case though.

Reactions: Phaaze88 and RodroX

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
These AMD chips come OCed out of the box. Where as Intel has lots of headroom for overclocking. You should let the BIOS defaults or PBO on to handle your core speeds. Where one core can be say 4.3Ghz others can be 4.2Ghz and 4.1Ghz and so on. So don't sweat a OC on the CPU it is pointless and dangerous and useless honestly. Do you see any red lights on the motherboard? You have one for RAM and one for CPU. If the CPU light turns red at any moment then most probably the motherboard has bunked out and possibly taken the CPU with it. Also was your PC plugged directly to the wall or did you use some kind of surge protection. I really think you jacked it up unless you put a BIOS update on USB stick and try to flash it and see if that revives it.

Aug 7, 2020
Very uncommon that a failed cpu overclock would result in dead components although not impossible.
What settings did you use`? Core clock and voltage.

After resetting cmos you could try to run your pc with only 1 stick of ram applied to see if that helps.

Also some motherboards take time to boot after cmos clearing, so keep that in mind aswell. Not particularly sure it applies in this case though.
only core speed set it to 4.4 ghz
and also I tried with only one ram stick