[SOLVED] PC disk checks on startup, then shows with blue error screen, then shuts down

Aug 11, 2020
It all started when I detached my fan to clean the dust off. After putting it back, I ran into these issues.

This happens every startup. It will do a disk check, and then I get the blue error screen, then it shuts off. Sometimes it will shut down immediately. Recovery mode does nothing. I have only made it to the lock screen once but the blue screen popped up before I could sign in.

Initially, I made sure all my SATA cables were properly connected and so on since it was having trouble reading my drives apparently. That did not fix it. I also tried reattaching the fan incase that was the cause. I am out of solutions at this point. I can't even boot in safe mode or do any alternate startups. Is it possible that there is an issue with my motherboard or something?

Specs: GTX 1070, Intel i7 3770k, TX 750M PSU, HDD & SSD to boot, Two 8 GB, DDR3 RAM

The spec of my motherboard is escaping me at the moment but if that is relevant info I will try to find out.

Solution
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
Something is damaged or not working right...

Machine Check Exception & Whea errors are both Hardware errors.
Something in your PC is not working properly, i cannot be exact about its state of being. Or what it is.

WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture. It is an error called by teh CPU but not necessarily caused by it.

The hdd might be running that scan at startup because the PC has been restarting, it could be a reaction, not the cause.

I detached my fan to clean the dust off.
which fan did you clean?

Colif

Win 11 Master
what error is it showing on the blue error screen?

Do you have a win 10 installer? If not, On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - handy boot drive if nothing else

ANything on C you want to save?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

Aug 11, 2020
what error is it showing on the blue error screen?

Do you have a win 10 installer? If not, On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - handy boot drive if nothing else

ANything on C you want to save?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd
I have tried to use the media creation tool, but it will not boot up at all, and my PC just shuts off. I attempted a system restore, but it did not work. It did not even recognize my SSD.

I have gotten both MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I suspect my boot drive is damaged.

Since my post, I have been able to sign in once, but my desktop is very slow and then it just shuts off.

Colif

Win 11 Master
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
Something is damaged or not working right...

Machine Check Exception & Whea errors are both Hardware errors.
Something in your PC is not working properly, i cannot be exact about its state of being. Or what it is.

WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture. It is an error called by teh CPU but not necessarily caused by it.

The hdd might be running that scan at startup because the PC has been restarting, it could be a reaction, not the cause.

I detached my fan to clean the dust off.
which fan did you clean?

Solution