PC-DL Deluxe,Two different types?

Hello,
I noticed that on the PC-DL Deluxe motherboards that on some of the boards
they have two blue memory banks and two black memory banks. And on others
there are all black memory banks (see image attached). Is one motherboard
better then the other and if so why?

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks for the reply,

I remember see on newegg a while ago that they had the two boards at
different prices. I'm not sure but I think the Intel chipsets were different
on each motherboard. I'm think one was i875 chipset and the other was 875P
chipset. Could anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks,

Mark

Remove "NOSPAM" out of email address when replying directly
"Mark M (NJTermite)" <njtermiteNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I noticed that on the PC-DL Deluxe motherboards that on some of the boards
> they have two blue memory banks and two black memory banks. And on others
> there are all black memory banks (see image attached). Is one motherboard
> better then the other and if so why?
>

> Thanks,
> Mark

Paul

Splendid

In article <P6udnYqu2IKtCOffRVn-2g@comcast.com>, "Mark M \(NJTermite\)"
<njtermiteNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply,
>
> I remember see on newegg a while ago that they had the two boards at
> different prices. I'm not sure but I think the Intel chipsets were different
> on each motherboard. I'm think one was i875 chipset and the other was 875P
> chipset. Could anyone clear this up for me?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Let's try this:

http://usa.asus.com/wheretobuy/SKUs/Server_SKUs.pdf

I only see one model of PC-DL listed.

Newegg lists refurbished products at the same time as
brand new products. There can be quite a price difference
between them. Perhaps that is what you saw.

The "Intel 82875P Dual Processors" page:
http://www.asus.com.tw/products3.aspx?l1=3&l2=17&l3=71&slname=Intel%2082875P%20Dual%20Processors

If you want really knowledgeable people, about dual processor
boards or server boards, try forums.2cpu.com . There is an
extensive thread about the PC-DL, and now about NCCH-DL.
Plenty of overclocking fun and use of mobile processors
and the like. Maybe you could try your question over there.

Paul