Question PC does not boot exclusively when restarting; shutting down and turning on works normally.

Aug 1, 2024
Hello,

(AM5 Platform)

I have a very strange problem since I built my PC. My computer works perfectly, but there's a very weird issue. When I click SHUT DOWN in Windows, it shuts down normally, and I can turn it on without any problems. However, when I click RESTART in Windows, it shows the restarting screen, but after that, the screen goes black with no video, the fans keep spinning, the LEDs stay on, and the PC doesn't restart at all. I have to manually hold the power button on the case until it shuts down, then I can turn it on normally. The problem occurs in any situation that requires restarting the computer, such as Windows updates, programs asking to restart, BSOD, among others.

Note: I updated the BIOS and video drivers, and tested it on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 (completely formatted without programs), and I disabled the memory EXPO, but the problem persists. Every time I need to restart the PC for any reason, I have to manually hold the power button on the case, which besides being annoying and potentially breaking some updates, can end up damaging components over time <- as I've been told.

My configuration:

• Processor (CPU): Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • Graphics Card (GPU): RTX 4080 Super
  • RAM: ADATA XPG Lancer DDR5 32GB 6000MHz <- I find this memory suspicious (weird intuition)
  • Motherboard: B650E Steel Legend WiFi
  • Storage: Kingston Fury Renegade 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • Power Supply (PSU): Corsair SF750 80 PLUS Platinum
  • Operating System: Windows 10 <- same issue on Windows 11