Question PC does not start when RAM is set to 3200

Oct 6, 2021
Ive been using an AMD system for almost a year now, 5950x cpu + B550-F gaming motherboard + KINGSTON FURY Beast 2x 16GB 3200
It was working fine until today. I had it on for the entire day yesterday with no problem, today I tried to turn it on and it didnt post, with the DRAM led orange

I tried everything I could remember, swaping ram slots (I was using dual channel A1+B1), I tried A2+B2, I tried single stick in every slot, I cleared CMOS, I updated BIOS with bios flashback and a USB pen drive. I dont have other AM4 cpus or another motherboard to rule out CPU/MOBO issue

I have another set of RAM sticks that are 2x 8GB 3200, I tried them and did everything again, but still didnt work

Then I decided to swap systems, as I have enough parts to build an intel system. Now Im using a i7 10700F + ASUS TUF GAMING H570-PRO + the 2x8GB 3200 ram sticks

The problem is that for some reason I still cant use these RAM sticks at 3200mhz speed. I tried to change the value on BIOS to 3066mhz, the PC posted once but after a reboot it started giving me blue screens and rebooting on loop. Then 2933mhz, didnt post. Same thing with 2400mhz. The only way I got it to consistently post is to set the speed at 2133mhz, which is what Im using right now
I still havent tried the Kingston ram sticks with 2133mhz to see if they work

What could be causing this? I have the X.M.P set for DDR4-3200 which is what I always used. The system recognizes the 3200mhz speed, in the BIOS, on the 8GB ram sticks, but only recognizes 2400mhz on the Kingston 16GB ram sticks

As I said before, the PC was working fine with the AMD system, I didnt change anything, the only thing that I can suspect is a heat problem as it has been very hot where I live, but I have MSI afterburner and Im always checking CPU and GPU temperatures, and they never go above 70º celsius. I thought it could be dead CPU memory channel or even dead RAM slots on the AMD motherboard, but now its happening on another completely different system, so I have no idea how to fix this. Is it possible that the RAM sticks have some dead channels as well? Ive never heard of such thing, is that possible? But its happening in two different sets, so I dont know

Any help would be appreciated. thank you

Lutfij

Titan
I would look into swapping the ram back to A2 and B2, but clear the CMOS with the battery out of your motherboard(B550), then replace the battery, and get back into the BIOS. Manually input the timings and frequency while you set the voltage to 1.45v. Can you get back to us with the BIOS version on your B550 chipset baord?

Oct 6, 2021
I would look into swapping the ram back to A2 and B2, but clear the CMOS with the battery out of your motherboard(B550), then replace the battery, and get back into the BIOS. Manually input the timings and frequency while you set the voltage to 1.45v. Can you get back to us with the BIOS version on your B550 chipset baord?

I couldnt get to the BIOS with the B550, no matter what I did. But in the 570, even if I set the frequency to 3200 the PC reboots itself and goes back to 2133
I had another BSOD with 2933mhz at 1.2V, but I increased the value to 1.35V and it seems to be stable now. I will try to increase it to 1.45V and switch to 3200 to see if it helps. But how is this happening? It was working on the B550 with 1.35V before. Why would it need an increase in voltage all of a sudden?