Question Pc does tick sound when booting and restarts (infinite loop)

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
Hi,
So,after installing an quite old game (Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars)my pc hasnt stopped doing this:I turn it on,it displays the bios screen,and when the "Loading into oparating system.." screen shows up, It does a little click sound,does the usual turn on beepand restarts.The system doesnt turn off at all,it just reboots all the time.I checked the ram,the graphics card,the cpu but nothing.I also tried some software things,like trying to do a startup repair from my install disc,and even checked the system 32 files,by following a video that used the command prompt.Nothing,just nothing.I really dont know whats happening,can you please help me? My specs:

GPU:Geforce 240 (lol)
RAM:2GBHyper X blu and a Kingston Value ram 4gb DD3
Motherboard:Gigabyte G4-Z68P-DS3 2.0 revision.
And an Intel i3 2120
And a 500gb hdd.And no its not the hdd i checked that too.

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
something is shorthing what did you use to test the hdd ans did you try another cable from it to motherboard .
Well,the way I tried my HDD was by plugging it in on an external adapter I have.It actually needs a seperate power supply to run.I did of course back up all the files I wanted.Now that Ive read your comment,I actually got some cables from another,working pc and nope,nothing happened.Hmmm,it might actually be because of a shortage.Now,the only way I can think of to see if thats the problem is by dissasebling the whole pc,but thats kind of frasturating,do you have any other recommendations?

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
Oh,I think I found the problem.Its actually a software problem.Why?Because when I boot an OS from Dvd it seems to work perfectly fine,and doesnt restart.Thats weird,but i actually found a simillar topic about my problem and the answer was that maybe the SATA Controller mode has changed from AHCI mode to compatibility IDE mode. Do you know how I cant change that?

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
I was having the same problem a week ago and I found out that the problem was with my Windows boot sector which was defective causing the infinite restart loop. What I did was I booted using the Windows 7 disk and then deleted my system hdd and reinstalled Windows on it.

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
I was having the same problem a week ago and I found out that the problem was with my Windows boot sector which was defective causing the infinite restart loop. What I did was I booted using the Windows 7 disk and then deleted my system hdd and reinstalled Windows on it.
I mean,I do have the instal disk so this should be no problem then.Did you lose your files?And if not,how did you do it?

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
Well,for some reason, I was never able to get windows 10 in working order.Whenever I tried to,my pc would just get stuck on the windows logo without doing a thing.It is also another question I was going to ask,but I just thought that there would be no problem,since I wont be connecting to the internet and I would just like to play some 2000s and early 2010s games.For now,I just reinstalled windows 7 and I got everything in working order ,thanks for your help though!