Question PC doesn’t boot after updating BIOS.

Jun 5, 2020
So recently I had issues with my GPU and I had to RMA it. Before even going throught that process, I cleared the CMOS a couple times. When I got my new GPU I booted up into the BIOS and tried setting my RAM frequency back up to 3200mhz. To my surprise, I was met with an American Megatrends screen saying « Your memory settings were reset due to a failure to boot ». So I tried setting my frequency a bit lower but it didn’t work, and I could only boot with 2133mhz. To fix this I thought a BIOS update might be a good idea. I downloaded the newest driver and started updating my BIOS, and apl seemed well. The screen prompted me with « Update Successful! Pc will be reset! ». The PC never shut off and the Q-Code on the MOBO was stuck to « AA ». After about 5-10 minutes of it not posting, I tried power cycling my computer. After doing that I noticed that the Q-Code had changed from « AA » to « 0d ». I cleared the CMOS a couple times but it never posted. I then tried to use BIOS flashback. I downloaded the newest version again and updated my BIOS. Same issue occured. I then tried the second newest update, but I got the same results. I finally tried to download the old version I was running on, but that update just failed. Would my best bet be contacting ASUS support?

Here are my system’s specs :

CPU : Ryzen 7 2700X
MBD : ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR HERO VII
GPU : EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black Gaming
RAM : 16GB of Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @3200mhz
PSU : EVGA Supernova G3 750W

Jun 5, 2020
Manually setting memory frequency to 3200MHz without setting DRAM voltage is likely to result in the memory not working.

It appears you don't know how to properly set the memory in the BIOS.
I changed the XMP to DOCP standard and all the RAM settings change by themselves. I was running at 3200MHZ before the GPU problems too.