[SOLVED] PC doesn't always boot up

Sep 5, 2020
Hi, lately I've been dealing with PC not always booting up when I turn it on (happens like once a week, sometimes twice). I can hear fans turning on, but I don't hear my HDD spinning and it simply won't boot up. If I shut it down with holding power button, it will turn on again from second try (it never failed on 2nd try yet). It's gone worse (at least feels like that) since I opened my PC and cleaned it up from dust. I cleaned it with compressed air from safe distance and with dry paper towels, I honestly doubt I did any damage but everything is possible I guess. I also checked all of the connections again today, nothing is loose and everything is in place. PC is 5 years old. That being said, these are my specs:

CPU: i5 6500
GPU: GTX 1060 (MSI Gaming X)
RAM: 16GB 2133MHz
Motherboard: B150M Mortar
PSU: Real Power Eco Silent 500
Monitor: dual 1080p 75Hz monitors
Storage: Crucial MX500 (brand new)

Now I already know what you see, some random PSU that you probably never heard about. I was thinking about changing PSU anyway, but I just want to make sure that it's actually PSU problem and not maybe mobo problem. I looked up into PSU (without opening it tho) and all capacitors seem normal and there's not much dust in it either. Could it even be mobo problem here? And do you have any suggestions about some troubleshoots that I could run, without replacing parts that is.

Solution
You haven't made any changes to your pc? like new ram?

If not, i'd just get a new psu, i think one or more of your capacitor's is borked, that would explain the symptoms

maybe buy one from a store that has a return policy?
Sep 5, 2020
How about you lend/steal/get another psu just to try and see if the problem persists, you'll save us and yourself a ton of work just by doing this

Power issues are often caused by PSU, and if your issue isn't we have already eliminated your PSU

That's the thing, I don't have anyone that could lend me another psu, my only option is buying brand new.

Sep 5, 2020
You haven't made any changes to your pc? like new ram?

If not, i'd just get a new psu, i think one or more of your capacitor's is borked, that would explain the symptoms

maybe buy one from a store that has a return policy?

No changes, I did add more RAM at one point but that wasn't that recent. I think I'll just buy new PSU as you suggested, even if it isn't PSU I'll use the new one for my next build.