Question PC doesn't boot with Asus TUF x570 motherboard showing white LED, no display

Sep 5, 2020
Just thought I'd share the troubleshooting I did recently rather than asking a question as usual. I found a lot of topics about this but usually people ended up not responding anymore or had different solutions.

Error type: PC is not booting anymore. The QLED of my Asus TUF x570 Pro Gaming (and whatever fancy super mega plus tags it has additionally) was showing a constant white light (VGA LED). Monitors showed no display.

Solutions I found and tried and that failed:
  • Check cables (duh)
  • CMOS reset
  • Used a different power source
  • Used a different monitor
  • Used different connectors for the monitors
  • Used a different graphics card
  • Used a different PCI slot
  • Used a different PSU
  • Tried different RAM slots with just 1 stick
  • Used a different mainboard

Actual solution: The CPU (Ryzen 3900XT) was broken. Replaced it and everything worked like a charm again. This was pretty much the last thing I suspected, but here we are. Thought I'd share this so that maybe some people stumble upon it when searching for this issue. Not the best first impression I got for AMD CPUs...

dimtodim

Reputable
Just thought I'd share the troubleshooting I did recently rather than asking a question as usual. I found a lot of topics about this but usually people ended up not responding anymore or had different solutions.

Error type: PC is not booting anymore. The QLED of my Asus TUF x570 Pro Gaming (and whatever fancy super mega plus tags it has additionally) was showing a constant white light (VGA LED). Monitors showed no display.

Solutions I found and tried and that failed:
  • Check cables (duh)
  • CMOS reset
  • Used a different power source
  • Used a different monitor
  • Used different connectors for the monitors
  • Used a different graphics card
  • Used a different PCI slot
  • Used a different PSU
  • Tried different RAM slots with just 1 stick
  • Used a different mainboard
Actual solution: The CPU (Ryzen 3900XT) was broken. Replaced it and everything worked like a charm again. This was pretty much the last thing I suspected, but here we are. Thought I'd share this so that maybe some people stumble upon it when searching for this issue. Not the best first impression I got for AMD CPUs...
hm...some people solved problem by replacing gpu...

Sep 5, 2020
hm...some people solved problem by replacing gpu...

Which is the very first thing anyone would suspect when seeing a VGA LED. Most of the topics I found also revolved around completely other things and the CPU as a possibility (and solution) is only mentioned in one. Hence I thought adding a topic putting this on the radar might be helpful for some as this might not be the most intuitive culprit.