[SOLVED] pc doesnt display when gpu is plugged in

Mar 21, 2020
recently bought new mobo and cpu when putting my gpu in there is no display. but once i take my gpu out and connect my HDMI to my motherboard it works fine not sure what to do my GPU works fine in my friends computer any help or tips are appreciated. thank you all

cpu: i5 9600k
mobo: gigabyte z390 aorus pro
gpu: gigabyte windforce g1 970 4gb

Mar 21, 2020
Have you tried in a different PCIe x16 slot (other than the one closest to the CPU)?

yes i have, does not seem to any effect not sure what to do. this is troubling as i do not know to much about computers and i have been searching for a fix for a while now but i cant seem to find one with the exact issue i am facing. thanks

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is your motherboard running the most current BIOS available for it?

Have you tried any other GPU in your system (other than the integrated GPU)?

When you installed the GTX 970, did you have the PCIe power connections firmly attached?

Also, did you try any other output ports on the GTX 970, other than the HDMI port? Did you try an alternate HDMI cable?

Just trying to determine what you have tried...or not at this point.

Reactions: computerproblems99
Mar 21, 2020
I can confirm the PCIe power connections where firmly attached.
I tried a DVI cable instead of HDMI also
And i have struggled to find the latest bios for my mobo as the gigabyte website doesnt inform me so well, also when i tried to update the bios i downloaded onto my usb flash drive, upon booting into bios and trying to update said bios it gave me an error message saying no bios id or somthing along those lines also when i exit the bios it freezes so i have to shut the pc off and on again to get around the freezing as it doesnt come back. thanks very much for your reply

When you installed the GTX 970, did you have the PCIe power connections firmly attached?

Also, did you try any other output ports on the GTX 970, other than the HDMI port? Did you try an alternate HDMI cable?

Mar 21, 2020

if you could find me the latest bios id be very thankful no worries if not possible, thanks again.

Mar 21, 2020
Try the BIOS linked for the actual motherboard. May help.
This is all very confusing for me and i presume you as i may not be very good at explaining my issues but on the gigabyte windows bios app when trying to install the new 'correct' bios it gives me an error saying 'incorrect part number' and when i try to install new bios via flash drive i get error 'bios id check error' or 'invalid bios image'

Mar 21, 2020
Open your case. Look at the motherboard itself. The model number should be on it somewhere.

Also, CPU-Z (on the mainboard tab) will provide identification.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Something really odd here...
I finally found the bios update file and have updated it, the bios i had installed was not much older than the one currently installed, what now? sorry for the inconvenience.

TRENDING THREADS