PC doesn't shows boot info, BIOS, energy star, splash screen... straight to Windows

Sam Graves

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
My PC doesn't show anything at all during the boot process. No boot info, BIOS, energy star, splash screen, nothing... My monitors are in a state is sleep until the Windows 7 "Welcome" screen shows up, then they click on. I hadn't thought much about it in the past but now I'd like to reinstall Windows and I can't access the boot setup. I have no doubt that these tasks are being completed, it's just that I can't see them. I used to be able to some time ago... What's going on?

Windows 7
gigabyte z68xp-ud3
Intel 2500-K
GeForce GTX 550ti

Solution
they come up, you just aren't seeing them. hit the bios key once the system is powered on, usually either "del" or "f2". i usually just smash both of them, worst comes to worst you'll get a keyboard error prompt and that will get you into bios anyways.
they come up, you just aren't seeing them. hit the bios key once the system is powered on, usually either "del" or "f2". i usually just smash both of them, worst comes to worst you'll get a keyboard error prompt and that will get you into bios anyways.

Solution

Sam Graves

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013

I tried pounding the Delete key over and over during the boot to get some response (tried that before posting). It must have done something because Windows never came up. Nothing ever appeared on the screen however. I had to manually restart to get the PC to boot.

Toby Cook

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
I'm getting the same situation, Any insight?

--->

I fixed mine by removing the BIOS battery on the motherboard and replacing it (resetting the BIOS)
Hope this works for you too.

strojac

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013

Dude! I had a similar problem, and also my desktop was frozen. I didn't think of using my primary card, I had forgotten I was plugged into my secondary! I did the swap and it worked! Sometimes you just need to try everything.

mdimascio

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Same problem. The current "best answer" is not a good answer at all because the monitor simply never displays the bios at all. The "...have two graphics cards. I had my monitors plugged in to the secondary one, not the primary." is definitely the best answer.