Pc doesnt turn on properly

Nov 11, 2018
So Im not sure if this is the right thread to put this in but here I go. So starting about two weeks ago, everytime I would turn my pc on it would have 1 red light on the mother board and my peripherals dont turn on. When there is two lights i know it will work. Than I have to turn the pc off and completely shut off the power supply for about 30 seconds, when I turn it back on it seems to be working but sometimes I have to do several times for it to work. What would be the issue?

I have tried unplugging everything and weirdly enough it started happening when I reset my pc.

Amd ryzen 5 1600

Gtx 1060 6gb zotac

Msi b350 tomahawk arctic

4x2 8gb corsair vengeance ram

Corsair semi modular atz cx65pm power supply

When you say 'reset' your pc do you mean reset CMOS settings by shorting the CMOS reset pins on the motherboard? If not, you should try that.

Have you looked closely at the red lights to see which ones are lighting? You can also look in the manual to identify the labels for each of them.

Have you updated BIOS lately? or ever? I'd suggest using the HD revision (for B350 Tomahawk Arctic) as it has 1.0.0.2 AGESA which seems to offer better memory compatibility with Ryzen 1000 series processor. At least it does on both my B350m and B450m Mortar motherboards.

Nov 11, 2018

So im using corsair vengeance 2x4 8gb 2400mhz in the 2 and 4 slot on my mobo.

Nov 11, 2018

When i say reset im talking about wiping hard drives and starting fresh like buying a new pc. I havent updated the motherboard and I will but I feel like it could be a short circuit or something idk. When i turn on my pc the first time i get two red lights, no input on monitor or peripherals, than i turn off power supply to completely cut off power, turn it back on and its either good or i do it a couple more times.